Infrastructure Architect, Cloud and eCommerce
PRIMARY FUNCTION: This position is responsible for working cross functionally within Enterprise Systems, business product owners and with vendor partners to provide technology roadmaps, standards, designs, recommendations and business cases. Ensures compliance and alignment of technical architecture with overall enterprise, application, infrastructure, security and information architecture frameworks. Ensures designed solutions meet agreed upon business criteria and are technically capable of achieving committed to benefit targets.
The focus of this role will be Cloud and Ecommerce technologies.
- Demonstrated architecture level experience with core Infrastructure services; Network, Server, Storage, security and Database.
- Establish architecture frameworks, standards and designs for ecommerce and Cloud services, AWS.
- Identify and assess high level technical solution alternatives, and choose the high level technical design.
- Lead the design of complex systems using a cross functional mix of information, applications, systems and security to achieve a well-defined business objective or project goal.
- Estimation of solution options/costs in support of the continued refinement of business cases, including but not limited to costs for development, integration, testing, deployment, risks and support.
- Conduct appropriate analysis to establish project budgets.
- Coordinates and participates in the review of delivered solutions to ensure alignment with enterprise architecture principles, standards, roadmaps, requirements and components.
- Able to propose designs that limit the amount of technology debt being introduced to the systems landscape.
- Able to drive Cloud adoption with AWS by collaborating with cross functional teams to establish new capabilities; Security, Development, Enterprise architecture, Infrastructure and Operations.
- Develop and maintain cloud suitability criteria that can be used cross functionally.
- Evaluate new AWS services to determine business value, review and vet recommendations.
- Subject matter expert for Cloud infrastructure across AWS, AZURE and Google.
- Experience with ITIL, DevOps techniques, application delivery pipelines, and Agile operational characteristics.
- Support the maturity of the Architecture practice by participating in the vetting of Architecture deliverables, POCs, and design reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or a related field.
- 10 years’ experience in at least 2 IT disciplines in a global distributed, service-oriented architecture (SOA) or multi-tier environment, including server/virtualization, LAN/WAN/Converged network, database, enterprise storage, infrastructure automation, security or digital applications.
- 3 years’ experience architecting and designing within AWS services and Ecommerce environments.
- Continuous learner that is passionate about applying new technologies to drive business value.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments, including but not limited to SAP.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Can function with the highest level of autonomy.
- Experience developing analytical models to support technology and solution selection.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and influence peers and senior leaders.
Provide technical guidance and consultation to other architects.