Infrastructure Engineer at Strata Decision Technology
Strata’s Infrastructure Engineers are responsible for building and maintaining the environment for hosting Strata’s SaaS application, StrataJazz. This team handles everything needed to run and scale the SaaS platform: hypervisors, storage, OS instances, metric collection, and alerting working alongside Strata’s Network and Security team. This position will support our SaaS application both on premise and in AWS.
- Manage and complete infrastructure tasks on hypervisors, storage, and operating systems. Diagnose and resolve performance and reliability issues across hardware, operating systems, application, and network.
- Complete projects, upgrades, and rollout new technologies supporting our cloud infrastructure both on premise and in AWS.
- Work alongside Strata’s DevOps team to handle ticket escalations.
- Implement access management and configuration management on AWS using CloudFormation, Control Tower, Terraform, Puppet, etc.
- Extend Strata’s current AWS deployment and services to meet company requirements while maintaining strict security to ensure HITRUST compliance.
- Partner with Strata’s Security team to manage “gold standard” Linux and Windows server templates and deploy servers as needed.
- Write or extend tools and scripts to automate maintenance and deployment of machines, services, applications.
- Provide “on call” and “off hour” resources and support to the SaaS platform as part of a team rotation
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 6+ years of applied IT experience with the past 2+ years at an enterprise level
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional (Preferred)
- Strong analytical skills – the ability to assist in resolving various systems issues for multiple integrated locations and systems.
- Must have experience with AWS IAM to grant and restrict access to services in AWS.
- Specifically, this position will require daily utilization and problem solving skills with respect to the following technologies (candidate does not need to be skilled in all of the following areas but needs to be knowledgeable on most):
- Windows Server 2012r2/2016/2019
- Ubuntu Linux
- VMware vSphere 6.5+
- AWS Control Tower, and familiar with other AWS concepts and design patterns
- Powershell and other scripting languages
- Basic networking configuration and design (mixed environment)
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with all levels of management and personnel.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)