Insurance Special Investigator (SIU) at Clearcover
Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What is a Insurance Special Investigator (SIU) at Clearcover?
Special Investigators (SIUs) have the important and unique role of investigating suspicious losses or policy requests. Clearcover is dedicated to the identification of fraudulent activity to allow us to keep premiums low and save customers money. Our Special Investigators (SIUs) are detail-oriented, inquisitive problem solvers who love connecting the dots on complex situations. Clearcover Special Investigators (SIUs) remain calm under pressure, thrive on the challenge of identifying and taking action on questionable losses. Going above and beyond to save our customers money is our standard mode of operation, which has empowered Clearcover to drive customer satisfaction that far exceeds the P&C insurance industry standard.
For this role, we're looking for someone who is excited to join a fast-paced, startup culture.
What will you do as a Insurance Special Investigator (SIU)?
- Conducts detailed and extensive investigations in adherence with Special Investigation Unit (SIU) procedures and best practices
- Leads in-depth interviews of participants, witnesses, or claimants
- Help guide our Claims Representatives through special investigations
- Develop and implement SIU strategies to combat claims and underwriting fraud
- Analyze claims and underwriting data to identify potential suspicious behavior
- Assist in training Clearcover team members in recognizing red flags for fraud
- Ensure compliance with state requirements around fraud reporting and training
- Establishes extensive network with law enforcement agencies and works in collaboration in the investigation of suspicious losses
- Evaluate fraud detection solutions and other partners
- Support our defense attorneys for resolution of represented and litigated claims, including subrogation claims that are litigated
- Address customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives, and follow up to ensure the resolution of claims issues
- Contribute to process and product information in the team's Knowledge Base
- Keep records of customer interactions and file documents
- Deliver on Clearcover’s promise to our customers by actually solving their problems (also paying attention to a few service level guidelines and policies)
- Be Company’s NICB representative/liaison, responsible for reporting to NICB and ISO
What do you need?
- Special Investigation Unit experience at an insurance company
- Adjuster or P&C insurance license a plus
- Demonstrated track record of identifying and taking action on fraudulent losses
- An understanding of suspicious underwriting activity for sales and service
- Knowledge of the restitution and recovery process
- Demonstrated ability to remain friendly under pressure and resilient to negativity
- Demonstrated ability to balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Experience with ISO, NICB membership, and Accurint a plus
- Strong active listening skills; able to communicate clearly through phone conversations
- Capable of writing with impact through email, text, chat, or social media
- Familiarity with CRM & support systems and practices
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of individuals
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- A tactful, timely sense of humor is also a must. We’re getting funnier but we can still be funnier-er
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.