Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Internal Auditor position will participate in performing internal audits as well as participate in other projects throughout the organization. Specific tasks will generally involve examining and reviewing evidence, reports, financial information, and management processes and performing the testing to ensure compliance with applicable laws, company regulations/policies/procedures, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), as well as to identify process gaps, risks, and other operational matters of interest. The role will have exposure to various parts of the business through collaboration to ensure compliance as well as add value by identifying enhancements to improve processes and mitigate risks.
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Reports To: Manager, Internal Audit
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform the testing of controls to support SOX compliance
- Assess risk in terms of financial, operational, and strategic controls
- Develop audit criteria, review, and analyze evidence, and document the financial status and operating procedures of the organization
- Regularly communicate the progress of testing to audit team
- Work with various departments, as well as external auditors, to obtain necessary support and understanding to perform and thoroughly document audit testing
- Update process flowcharts and other documentation, as necessary
- Identify risks and evaluate deficiencies, including evaluation and documentation of root cause and impact
- Assist with communicating the audit results/deficiencies by providing timely, efficient, and effective reporting to senior management with the goals of minimizing risk and continuously improving internal controls and business processes
- Assist with coordinating the remediation and closing of all identified control gaps by working with management to achieve practical solutions
- Assist in managing ongoing project trackers for several concurrent projects
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Some experience in accounting, finance, audit, IT audit, or SOX
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel
- CPA, CIA, or CISA certification preferred
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Process improvement oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
As of May 26, 2021: This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.