Internal Comms Manager at Root
What you'll be doing.
- Extract and translate Root’s business goals into well-crafted, strategic messages to ensure that all employees are aligned and informed.
- Develop and execute communications strategies and lead communication planning.
- Write and edit content for company-wide communication channels, including Slack, Root Intranet, emails, and internal systems.
- Understand Root’s tech expertise, consumer focus, transformative approach in an archaic industry, and our commitment to fairness.
- Support messaging and content development by researching, conducting interviews, and analyzing data or information.
- Develop employee engagement through a creative approach to programming and utilizing internal communication channels.
- Continually measure Root’s media presence, especially against relevant comparable companies, industries, markets, and trends.
- Align with Marketing and Creative leaders, particularly around our Progress efforts, to ensure our brand image and campaign timing is aligned.
What we're looking for.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in journalism, marketing, or communications.
- Experience building communication plans as well as executing against them.
- Passionate about storytelling/sharing brand stories.
- Influential presentation skills and strong verbal/written communication style.
- Strong attention to detail, solid organizational and project management skills.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with a sense of urgency.
- Comfortable with giving and receiving open, constructive feedback in a way that fosters trust and respect.
- This role is critical to Root as it enters its next phase of growth. Root is seeking an experienced, passionate leader who has the ability to build and share a transformative story across all platforms.
- This person must be team-oriented, intellectually curious, and have a true passion for their craft. Our commitment to data and analytics runs throughout every org in the company. The Internal Comms Manager will possess data-driven decision-making capabilities.
- It is essential that they are able to adapt successfully to change in a leading-edge, emerging environment. A strong, decisive and action-oriented leadership style is necessary, as this leader will make, communicate, and take accountability for timely decisions. The candidate must thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environments and be able get to the heart of issues rapidly and act decisively.
- This manager must be a strategic thinker who possesses exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. They must be a proven leader who creates strong morale, good spirit in their team, and brings fun to the workplace, while sharing wins and successes and fostering open dialogue.