Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As a newly public company, we are committed to building a world-class control environment equivalent to those of other highly regulated financial institutions. As we continue to build our program and scale, this person will partner with management in developing, implementing and monitoring an internal control program and function.
What you'll do
- Develop company-wide and business process-specific risk assessments to evaluate and address any impact the results may have on the control environment
- Provide subject matter expertise related to the financial process and controls within the following areas: Revenue, Treasury, Securitization and Credit Risk.
- Assist in the design and implementation of efficient and effective controls across the organization
- Implement documentation including process flowcharts, process narratives, risk and controls matrix and evaluate controls
- Identify and evaluate business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement and implementation
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with process owners, by providing high quality results and communications, providing them the tools and templates that can help them better achieve their process objectives
- Conducting periodic meetings/walkthroughs with process owners to ensure any changes to process are updated and accurately assessed for control gaps
- Staying current to changes in regulatory guidance, industry standard methodologies, and areas of focus/hot topics for external audits
- Facilitate requests between the control owners and the external audit team
- Assist the Head of Financial Internal Controls in ad hoc projects as they arise
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree (in Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Accounting Information Systems or related field preferred)
- An appropriate certification in accounting and/or auditing is required, including a CPA, CIA, CISA and/or PMP (any)
- Proven experience, skills and knowledge with IIA Professional Practices and Standards as well as a three lines of defense model
- 8+ years of experience. Demonstrated ability in a senior internal control or internal audit role; Experience with similar internal control or internal audit roles in large organizations or with Big 4 audit firms highly preferred
- Solid understanding of COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Strong understanding of regulations related to Financial Services companies
- Excellent communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- A maintained knowledge base of audit industry practices and to ensure standard methodologies are always considered
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.