IoT Systems Engineer at Cisco Meraki
San Francisco or Chicago
Be at the forefront of the Computer Networking industry!WHO WE ARE
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.WHAT YOU WILL DO
Change the networking industry moving it to the cloud! We are looking for a “rising star” who is highly motivated, technically savvy and passionate to join Cisco’s Cloud Networking Group (CNG) as our next Sales Engineer. In this role, the primary responsibility will be to partner with Product Sales Specialists and become the technical leader defining the best strategy for growth of Meraki’s IoT business by performing technical pre-sales activities for new and existing opportunities.
The role is passionate about Meraki’s Internet of Things technologies, MV (Meraki Vision Cameras) and MT (Meraki Things Sensors) product lines, covering the IoT specialist Inside Sales sellers, in the US Commercial and Public Sector. Role can be based in San Francisco or Chicago Meraki Inside Sales hubs. Travelling is encouraged for training, QBRs and customer visits. Given the pandemic, traveling is currently stopped until further notice.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of Meraki’s MV camera and MT sensor IoT solutions and our competitors' offerings, you will clearly demonstrate the benefits to both prospects and partners
- Build product documentation for customers and perform competitive analysis regarding competing products
- Provide technical mentorship to channel partners and assist them in successfully selling the Cisco Meraki solution
- Use startup mentality, help build this brand-new team with incredible upside potential.
- Coordinate with rest of Meraki seller and engineers to integrate IoT solutions in the design of highly scalable and secure networks to solve for customer use cases
- Own, drive and deploy trials and proof of concepts to demonstrate the value of Meraki MV and MT portfolio.
- Enable our customers by having presentations, workshops, lunch and learns
- Build partnership and alignment internally at Cisco to define the best strategy to present to our customers.
- Owner of technical closure to convince our customers that Cisco Meraki portfolio is the best suited for their needs.
Technical subject matter authority, thoroughly understanding products, features, functions, and benefits while being able to communicate to all level customers including Network Engineers and all the way up to C-level executives. Understand customer requirements and explain how Cisco Meraki will integrate with their current infrastructure, as well as service future needs. Creative thinker and problem solver with ingenuity to deliver on customer requirements in creative ways to drive ground-breaking projects leveraging integrations through API for it.
- Experienced knowledge of 802.11a/b/g/n wireless networks, site surveys, requirements capturing, deployment challenges required
- Strong understanding of wired networks, including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLANs is a must
- Understand wireless security methodologies, including 802.1x w/ RADIUS integration
- Proven track record of 5+ years in a pre-sales technical role (solutions architect, systems engineer, sales engineer, etc)
- Knowledge of sales cycle, strong verbal and written communication skills, and validated negotiation techniques
- Extraordinary relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience, presentation skills and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- CCIE, CCNP, CWNP, CWDP, CCNA, CWNA certifications preferred
- Ability to travel up to 20% (travel suspended during Pandemic)
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related disciplines
- Programmability skills using Python and other languages is required
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with APIs (REST, MQTT) required
- Good understanding of Manufacturing, Retail and Professional services verticals are preferred
- Proven track record of IoT experience using Cisco IoT portfolio or Cisco Meraki’s MV camera technologies, desired.
- Familiarity with streaming protocols (RTP, RTSP) and video codecs is preferred.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.