IT ANALYST III at Cat Digital
Assists in the development of detailed system specifications for major business systems or technical support and/or development, integration and implementation projects. Applies systems solutions to business/technical problems through customer interactions, design, programming, debugging, testing, and integration/implementation of automated information technology systems and components.
This position reports to an IT Supervisor, Senior IT Supervisor or IT Manager, as do other staff jobs in application and technical systems and programming sections. Responsibilities of the incumbents are within functional lines with individuals assigned development and/or maintenance of industry applications connecting Teamcenter 3D models with various Caterpillar systems and providing visual analysis.
1. Competent to perform all programming, development, and integration assignments without close supervision;
2. Provides project management, programming, systems leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members;
3. Works on more complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls;
4. Works independently on complex processes and modules that may be used by one or more programs or systems;
5. Develops major system modules or programs based on requirements gathered from system customers;
6.Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of system components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results;
7. Fully knowledgeable of programming languages appropriate to the platform supported, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems;
8. Performs integration tasks for in-house developed systems and/or purchased hardware and software solutions;
9. Assists customers with documentation, training and usability efforts.
10. Experience in Teamcenter application and development is a plus.
Requires BS or MS degree in engineering major or equivalent experience. The incumbent should be knowledgeable of the appropriate programming languages, including Python and SQL, and current development processes and tools. Three to six years in systems development or support work is common. In addition, the incumbent should have a good knowledge of Caterpillar policies and procedures, and a general understanding of Caterpillar’s organization.
The Hiring Manager sits in Champaign, IL but position can be remote.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers