IT ANALYST - SUPPLY CHAIN SYSTEMS (CHICAGO/FLEX)
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The IT Analyst for Supply chain systems will have functional and technical responsibility for implementation, projects, testing, and support Supply chain applications at ULTA. Supply chain applications will include SAP- MM/IM, Logistics execution and Sales Distribution Modules and also include integration work of SAP with third party Warehouse Management, Planning, Forecasting and Order Management systems. The IT Analyst will be working closely with the business, vendors, cross functional teams on project and support functions. They will support Supply Chain IT members to formulate and participate in new scope & requirements, break-fix work, testing, and lead support activities to meet the business needs in Supplier collaboration, Procurement areas.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS
- Requirements definition and management – Uses established techniques as directed to identify current problems and elicit, specify and document business functional, data and non-functional requirements. Reviews operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions in new or changed processes.
- Application Support – Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Configuration Management – Applies tools, techniques and processes to track, log, report on and correct configuration items, components and changes related to the configuration items.
- Incident Management – Undertakes the identification, registration and categorization of incidents. Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly escalates incidents as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Development Testing – Creates test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications and processes. Reviews test results and provide reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project. Identifies process improvements, and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
- Relationship Management - Reviews the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts. Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks. Contributes to the development and enhancement of customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Change Management - Assesses analyses, creates, documents, presents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Problem Management - Undertakes and reviews actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services. Assesses problem fixes/remedies. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Functional configuration and SME responsibility for SAP MM, IM, Logistics execution and Sales and distribution modules leading team of resources for support, break-fix, testing, and project work
- Functional responsibility for integration into Planning, external Warehouse management, Transportation and Order Management systems
- Work closely with key business partners and cross functional IT teams during entire lifecycle of the
- Provide functional support and troubleshooting for production issues
- Lead and/or Participate Outage Calls and Root Cause Analysis for the problems
- Explore and recommend solutions to business requirements and issues
- Lead, participate, and document requirements, design, and test plans within sessions for project, enhancement, or break/fix work in supply chain area
- Assist or build Project plan, track completion, and create estimates for multiple Supply Chain initiatives.
- Creates, maintains, and leads coordination for documentation such as functional specifications, process flows etc.
- 5+ years hands on experience both functional configuration with SAP MM/IM, LE and SD module as functional and support analyst.
- Experience in Integration with External Planning systems, Warehouse management system and Order Management systems is desirable
- Experience in integration of SAP with external Transportation Management system and working experience in S/4 HANA Environment will be a huge plus.
- Proven track record and experience in providing superior production support
- Experience in working with contractor firms with resources both onshore and offshore.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal and active listening traits
- Strong leadership skills in accountability and customer focus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Customer Service/relationship focus
- Strong communications (written and verbal), customer focus skills required.
- Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons
- Be proactive and ability to catch issues before failures
- Bachelor’s degree
- Normal office demands
- Some travel required