IT Business Analysis Specialist at CNA
Manages business requirements and identifies system impacts for IT programs or projects. Under technical direction, works with business area and technology representatives to formulate and define scope, impacted systems objectives, system impacts and detailed requirements in alignment with the business request.
• Collaborates with stakeholders to plans and conduct working sessions where business requirements are elicited and reviewed.
• Engage in best agile practices and participate in the agile methodologies that the team selects
• Communicate often and effectively with team members, product managers and project managers.
• Analyzes the problem to identify system impacts and changes.
• Recommends the most viable technology solutions to management for approval.
• Supports system test planning to ensure that test conditions, scripts, validation criteria, and expected results will successfully test the business and non-functional requirements.
• Participates in design discussions to ensure that solution meet the needs of business and non-functional requirements.
• Manages backlog using the appropriate tools, such as Jira
• Assures that necessary research is performed in order to fully understand the business issues, develop possible solutions and to support development of innovative, cost effective solutions.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Manager or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Ability to quickly understand the business request and use different requirement techniques to analyze the business current state and future state.
• Ability to analyze data from different perspectives to understand current state versus future impacts and/or validate expected results of solution implemented.
• Ability to quickly gain the knowledge of client’s area of business and systems.
• Understanding of Agile methodologies such as Scrum with focus on Continuous Integration and Deployment preferred
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Solid oral and written communication skills and ability to convey business requirements and technical needs in clear, concise, and effective manner.
• Solid client and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with clients and IT staff.
• Ability to understand solutions at a technical level & modern engineering practices preferred
• Broad understanding of the insurance industry, its products, practices and operations is preferred.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Business, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• Typically a minimum of four years’ experience in business analysis or other related field. Applicable certificates preferred.