At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
The IT Category Manager is a high visibility role that offers the opportunity to be an integral part of a new and expanding team!
The IT Category Manager, Procurement owns the procurement process from beginning to end, sourcing to off-boarding, for IT spend. The IT Category Manager, Procurement will execute procurement business plans, partner with and support the needs of functional business owners, and will provide inputs to the creation of policies and processes to drive procurement, while maintaining our culture and supporting our growth.
- Take complete ownership of the whole procurement process from sourcing to off-boarding, including market assessments, consolidating spend across the organization, issuing RFPs, evaluating and comparing proposals, negotiating contracts (pricing and terms), and supplier management
- Ability to work across the organization to understand how technology is utilized, identify gaps, and determine solutions
- Strategically guide the organization towards alternative cost saving opportunities and potential partners
- Apply knowledge and implement strategic category plans to reduce cost and improve quality
- Drive practices to reduce procurement cycle time and increase real-time spend visibility
- Collaborate with other departments to prioritize procurement needs, solicit inputs, and align goals
- Think analytically to evaluate results and determine if organizational objectives are being met
- Act as first point of contact for outside suppliers
Education and Experience:
- Minimum education, experience, skills and certifications/training required to successfully perform the job:
- 4 to 8 years’ experience in strategic sourcing or procurement in indirect categories
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business, or related fields
- Ability to clearly and convincingly present written and oral information
- Strong cross functional communication and collaboration skills and experience
- Expert in advanced functions and features in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in supplier management activities such as QBRs, Supplier Scorecards, Supplier Ranking
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.