We are looking for amazing people diverse in thought, perspective, and culture to join our team. We check our egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, work hard, move fast, and support each other. If that sounds like fun to you, please apply!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The IT Desktop Administrator is a technological Swiss army knife who has a passion not only for creating the perfect golden image and deploying it effortlessly, but also a passion for helping others with even the smallest tech questions. They are regularly called a hero for saving someone’s day or a teacher for helping a teammate with a difficult ticket. When the IT Desktop Admin isn’t tweaking SCCM or helping with the more difficult help desk items, they are collaborating with the rest of the IT team on core projects or tapping into their endless quest for knowledge by researching new technologies that will benefit the entire company. The IT Desktop Admin may not know the answer to everything, but they never give “I don’t know” for an answer.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Corporate IT team has decades of combined experience, but the fact that we stay current with this experience keeps us from being dinosaurs. We oversee a mid-sized, modern, secure network of over 700 clients running primarily Windows 10, with a dose of OSX for good measure. Window Server and CentOS rule the server landscape. Most importantly, the line between administrator and help desk is thin, and we all take every opportunity to educate each other on our increasingly-complex network and brainstorm ways to make it better. Our customers are our fellow employees, and we consistently receive accolades for our excellent service and solutions.
- Utilize SCCM for patching, package creation, client deployment, and reporting
- Use PowerShell and other scripting languages to automate repetitive or difficult tasks
- Diagnose problems and perform root cause analysis through troubleshooting skills, logic, research, and testing
- Provide Level 2 support for Windows and macOS laptops, along with user access to network resources and applications, both locally and via remote access
- Provide direct support for company resources, software installs and upgrades, office relocations, and expansions and offer input on system improvements
- Maintain existing documentation and create new documentation as required
- On the job training and interdepartmental training is highly encouraged
YOU ARE RIGHT FOR THIS JOB IF:
- 5+ years of experience in a corporate environment
- 2+ years of experience with desktop management and automation technologies
- Experience with AD, Group Policy, O365, and SCCM
- Working knowledge of PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Basic network troubleshooting experience with familiarity of VLANs, VPN, and PXE booting
- Experience with SSO and MFA a plus
- OS X and JAMF experience a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in and contribute to a team environment
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to identify root causes and develop resolutions to complex problems
- Self-motivated with the ability to follow directions, complete time-sensitive tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to document processes and procedures
- Excellent customer service skills with a true desire to help fellow employees
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and support an inclusive workplace diverse in thought, perspective and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age. We are better together.