Are you ready to transform an industry? At Centro we are building a comprehensive tech platform that radically increases efficiencies and impact across businesses, teams, and campaigns. Our clients can run all their digital business through Basis, with robust business intelligence, workflow automation, search and social integrations, and the number one rated DSP.
We’re taking the digital advertising world by storm and are proud to be headquartered in the rapidly growing tech hub of Chicago, with offices that span across the United States, Canada, Mexico, and London. Join us in our mission to improve the lives of everyone working in the industry!
WHY WORK WITH US?
At Centro, we believe that lasting success is achieved through continual dedication to the growth and well-being of the individual. Our people are the core of what makes Centro unique. Driven by the Centro Manifesto and our guiding principles, we look to hire the best and brightest minds—curious, passionate learners who are driven to create impact.
We are committed to building a culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. When we work hard, stay focused, and act in service to others, we believe that anything is possible. Come grow with us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The IT Desktop Administrator is a technological Swiss army knife who has a passion not only for creating the perfect golden image and deploying it effortlessly, but also a passion for helping others with even the smallest tech questions. They are regularly called a hero for saving someone’s day or a teacher for helping a teammate with a difficult ticket. When the IT Desktop Admin isn’t tweaking SCCM or helping with the more difficult help desk items, they are collaborating with the rest of the IT team on core projects or tapping into their endless quest for knowledge by researching new technologies that will benefit the entire company. The IT Desktop Admin may not know the answer to everything, but they never give “I don’t know” for an answer.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Centro’s IT team manages the technical solutions that allow each Centron to do their job. This team oversees a mid-sized, modern, secure network of over 700 clients running primarily Windows 10, with a dose of OSX for good measure. Window Server and CentOS rule the server landscape. No matter the issue, this dedicated team provides Raving Fan service for all problems big and small. While their days are sometimes unpredictable, their commitment to learning and educating one another on our increasingly complex network remains constant.
- Utilize SCCM for patching, package creation, client deployment, and reporting
- Use PowerShell and other scripting languages to automate repetitive or difficult tasks
- Diagnose problems and perform root cause analysis through troubleshooting skills, logic, research, and testing
- Provide Level 2 support for Windows and macOS laptops, along with user access to network resources and applications, both locally and via remote access
- Provide direct support for company resources, software installs and upgrades, office relocations, and expansions and offer input on system improvements
- Maintain existing documentation and create new documentation as required
- On the job training and interdepartmental training is highly encouraged
YOU ARE RIGHT FOR THIS JOB IF:
- 5+ years of experience in a corporate environment
- 2+ years of experience with desktop management and automation technologies
- Experience with AD, Group Policy, O365, and SCCM
- Working knowledge of PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Basic network troubleshooting experience with familiarity of VLANs, VPN, and PXE booting
- Experience with SSO and MFA a plus
- OS X and JAMF experience a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in and contribute to a team environment
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to identify root causes and develop resolutions to complex problems
- Self-motivated with the ability to follow directions, complete time-sensitive tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to document processes and procedures
- Excellent customer service skills with a true desire to help fellow employees
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people. Our team has put together a thoughtful benefits package and provides a wide range of perks, including competitive 401k matching, a tax-free health savings account, tuition reimbursement, generous maternity/paternity leave, and more.
Aside from benefits, we’re always finding new ways to invest in the personal and professional growth our employees. We’re proud to support a variety of employee-led communities that enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment. Centro is more than a workplace.
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and support an inclusive workplace diverse in thought, perspective and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age. We are better together.