IT Desktop Administrator at Ocient
IT Desktop Administrator is a technological Swiss army knife working on desktop support, server setup, network and system issues all while helping with the smallest tech questions.
Responsibilities & Essential Duties:
- Provide Level 1-2 support for Windows and macOS laptops, along with user access to network resources and applications, both locally and via remote access.
- Use scripting languages to automate repetitive or difficult tasks.
- Diagnose problems and perform root cause analysis through troubleshooting skills, logic, research, and testing.
- Provide direct support for company resources, software installs and upgrades, office relocations, and expansions and offer input on system improvements.
- Maintain existing documentation and create new documentation as required.
- On the job training and interdepartmental training is highly encouraged.
- 3+ years of experience in a corporate environment
- 3+ years of experience with desktop management and automation technologies
- Experience with AD, O365, Confluence, G-Suite, and other cloud based softwares
- Working knowledge of scripting languages
- Basic network troubleshooting experience with familiarity of Linux
- Experience with SSO and MFA a plus
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to identify root causes and develop solutions to complex problems
- Self-motivated with the ability to follow directions, complete time-sensitive tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to document processes and procedures
Ocient is a Chicago-based, venture-funded startup building a SQL compliant, exabyte-scale database platform that achieves 1,000x better performance than Hadoop and NoSQL systems. It is a distributed system optimized for NVMe drives, RDMA networks and high core count processors and is written in C++. We are led by a management team with seven successful startup exits, including Cleversafe which was the largest software startup exit in Chicago’s history.