IT Disaster Recovery Analyst
Fueling the technologies that drive our products and support our company's infrastructure, the Technology team consists of talented developers, network architects, and IT experts who help make technology one of Morningstar's core strengths. Though our technologists represent a range of skills and knowledge bases, they all view technology as a craft and care deeply about creating positive user experiences. From Agile methodologies to mobile applications, to software as a service (SaaS) delivered from our private cloud, we push technology's boundaries to build scalable, elegant solutions that help investors reach their financial goals.
The IT Disaster Recovery Analyst will work directly with individuals across Morningstar to help implement disaster recovery program that meets the needs of our business units globally. The ideal candidate is a technologist with robust understanding of enterprise-scale infrastructure, technologies and applications, with a passion for Disaster Recovery. Public cloud initiatives are and will continue to be important part of Morningstar’s IT strategy, so understanding of public cloud and infrastructure are a must. This position will report to the Business Continuity Management Director and is based in our Chicago office.
• Risk Management - identify and document areas of risk related to IT Disaster Recovery using established enterprise standards.
• Disaster Recovery SME - act as the SME that can provide best practices, guidance and recommendations for remediation of identified DR risks. Support development of DR capabilities for new product and services in the on-premise environments as well as in public cloud, particularly AWS.
• Communication - an influencer and a communicator. Act as a primary interface between technical and business teams throughout the entire Disaster Recovery Management process.
• Documentation - work with business units and product teams to assist in completing application Business Impact Analysis and end-to-end Technical Disaster Recovery Plans
• Governance - update and maintain disaster recovery standards, templates, documents and policies
• Exercises - assist with management, execution and documentation of IT disaster recovery exercises
• Compliance - Work with IT Compliance to respond to client RFP’s, RFI’s, and audit requests
• Training and Awareness – create and maintain training and awareness programs, presentations and materials
• Administration - Assist in management and maintenance of the enterprise BCM software and emergency notification platform
• A bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience in enterprise IT
• Experience in IT Operations and familiarity with IT Disaster Recovery principles
• Experience with working in hybrid infrastructure environments that include on premise data centers and public cloud (Amazon Web Services)
• Strong understating of enterprise-scale infrastructure, technologies and applications
• Working knowledge of data center recovery technologies (network, storage, database, server)
• Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills
• Ability to deliver results while working with remote, virtual, and cross-functional teams without direct authority
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Proven ability to prioritize multiple, complex tasks and to work under stressful conditions with multiple directives
• Ability to periodically work outside of regular business hours to support Disaster Recovery test activities
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity