IT Engineer I at VelocityEHS
The VelocityEHS IT Team is a close-knit, active department where there’s never a dull moment. We work very hard, but we also go to partner events, tech conferences, work in an agile ever-changing environment, and touch new technologies every year. An Information Technology Engineer is expected to maintain, repair, and troubleshoot desktop hardware and software packages while working directly with the IT manager to proactively identify IT weaknesses and assist in engineering and implementing new technologies and solutions to remedy them. A focus on communication, quality and teamwork are core aspects of this position and success is measured not just on completion of tasks, but also on the employee’s ability to integrate them into their day-to-day work.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic and innovative. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and enjoy being around other techie, outgoing individuals then check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT AREN'T LIMITED TO:
- Administer Service Desk Functions
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and support all client hardware (desktop, laptop, desk phone, mobile devices)
- Fielding and Monitoring tickets within Service Desk incident tracking system
- Desktop Management with Microsoft Intune, Autopilot and other 3rd Party systems
- Organization-wide Onboarding and Offboarding
- Assist in supporting teleconference software/hardware
- Setup and Support All-Hands video conferencing sessions
- Serve on a team as a proficient technician for Office 365 - specifically AAD, Exchange Online, Teams and SharePoint Online
- Maintain a technical understanding of all aspects of Office 365
- Help with the configuration, implementation, and migration of Office 365
- Troubleshoot Office 365 related issues and problem resolution
- Administrate access Office 365 third-party apps
- Provide administrative support for O365/Azure Active Directory
- Provide engineer support for a Hybrid On-premises Active Directory
- Provide engineer support for On-prem Exchange server and Skype for Business Server environments
- PowerShell scripting for automation, infrastructure reports and audits
- Assist with configuration of Identity/Access Management (IdP, SAML, SSO)
- Provide frontline support for Chromebooks and ChromeOS Products
- Monitor licensing for all Microsoft, Adobe, Dell, and A/V software
- Provide end user support for a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure with Wyse Thin Clients and Management Suite
- Create and maintain existing Solutions and Knowledge Base articles
- Monitor threats and maintain our security products
- Provide top-notch service to both onsite and remote staff
- Create and maintain existing system and SOP documentation
- Monitoring, managing, and inventorying company owned assets
- Manage system images, patching, and end-user software
- Support network printers. scanners, and user connections
- Perform desk moves and setup of IT Equipment
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- 2 to 3 years related experience and/or training
- Demonstrated ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of hardware, software, best practice, and cross department communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to multi-task and work independently
- Familiarity with the following operating systems; Windows 10, MacOS, iOS and Android
- This position must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- College Degree or equivalent Technical training in the field of Information Technology
- Professional certificates in the field of Information Technology or Computer Science
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, generous PTO and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.