IT ENGINEER, IDENTITY & ACCESS
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
This position will join a team responsible for Identity and Access Management (IAM) within Ulta. The position is primarily responsible for implementing, configuring, managing and supporting the tools used for authentication and access within Ulta. This includes, but is not limited to One Identity Identity Manager, Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services, privileged access management and multi-factor authentication. This role is responsible for the management of One Identity Identity Manager and connected applications. This role will also manage Active Directory and related services including permissions and policies within the directory. This role will share responsibilities for design, implementation and support of privileged access management and multi-factor authentication.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Information Security - Contributes advice and guidance on security strategies to manage identified risks and ensure adoption and adherence to standards. Assesses and acts on vulnerability information and undertakes security risk assessments, business impact analysis and accreditation on complex information systems. Contributes to development of information security policy, standards and guidelines.
- Research - Reviews and contributes to appropriate outline ideas for research, i.e. evaluation, development, demonstration and implementation. Leverages resources to gain an up-to-date knowledge of any relevant field. Reports on work carried out and may contribute sections of material of publication quality.
- IT Service Management –Provides technical management of an IT operation and all relevant procedures are adhered to. Undertakes maintenance and installation work. Contributes to activities that support operational problem identification and resolution. Provides appropriate status and other reports to specialists, users and managers.
- Problem Management - Undertakes and reviews actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services. Assesses problem fixes/remedies. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Security Administration - Aids in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to access controls and security systems. Investigates minor security breaches in accordance with established procedures. Assists users in defining their access rights and privileges. Performs non-standard security administration tasks and resolves security administration issues.
- Customer Service Support - Liaises as the routine contact point, receiving and handling requests for support. Investigates in order to provide diagnosis and allocates unresolved issues as appropriate. Contributes to creation of support documentation.
- Manage identity lifecycle, including workflow and access, within identity management tool.
- Maintains a healthy Active Directory environment and identify improvements that will reduce our threat landscape.
- Maintains identities across multiple systems including clouds services.
- Supports AD Federation for authentication, and potentially authorization, mechanism for SaaS implementations.
- Creates PowerShell scripts, as necessary, as well as running existing scripts.
- Supports internal Microsoft Certificate Server
- Identify risks to Ulta's security landscape and participate in the annual risk assessment.
- Manages and maintains CyberArk for privileged access management.
- Manages and maintains One Identity Defender for multi-factor authentication.
- Works closely with the business to develop solutions that follow best practices and are cost effective.
- Researches and tests new technology, develops solutions and creates documentation for the enterprise.
- Assists in Root Cause Analysis and implements corrective actions to address issues (especially for complex or intermittent issues).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience.
- 3+ years of IT experience, with an emphasis on Identity Management.
- Professional designation/certification, MCSE (optional).
- Experience with PowerShell including ability to write simple scripts.
- Strong Communications, customer focus and leadership skills required.
- Strong team player with proven experience and ability to collaborate with security professionals.
- Proven experience and ability to manage problem resolution of complex or intermittent issues in a multi-vendor, integrated enterprise environment.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
- Solid knowledge of industry best practices and technical systems.
- Normal office demands, ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Off-Hours support including 24x7 on-call required.