IT Enterprise Data Warehouse Lead
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewOur IT organization has a critical role in driving extraordinary business results. Through a strong partnership with other areas of our business, we bring innovative thinking to every conversation and deliver with integrity. We’re looking for people who bring great ideas and who make our partners’ ideas better. Intellectually curious advisors (not order takers) who focus on outcomes to creatively solve business problems. People who not only embrace change, but who accelerate it.
Job DescriptionMotorola Solutions is on a journey to drive unprecedented value through a data-driven culture. We are seeking an IT Leader who is a lifetime student, passionate about the use of technology to achieve business goals. The selected candidate would provide strategy, direction and subject matter expertise for data services and is a key partner to senior business and IT leadership. The role is also responsible for the teams that plan, design, implement and manage the end to end functions including data architecture, data hub/lake architecture and implementation, integration development, data services design, development, BI development and self-service analytics enablement.
Scope of Responsibilities / Expectations
- Plan and build a next generation enterprise data and integration platform anchored by AWS Redshift.
- Strive for data quality and easy to use data models that make business sense and drive the transformation of reporting and analytics.
- Enable reporting self-service by creating a well documented, communicated and easy to use data solution.
- Set the architectural standards for the enterprise data hub (EDH) to ensure it is scalable to a single datawarehouse for the company, no redundancy or gaps in the data model
- Ensure that the enterprise data hub is being built per the architectural standards.
- Ensure the data pulled from the source systems gets ingested per the architectural standards.
- Ensure the enterprise data hub and Tableau (standard data visualization tool) work coherently.
- Demonstrate cross-functional team leadership working across a large and matrixed environment, including IT staff members, development partners, consultants, and business
- Hold the short and long term vision for how enterprise data will be consumed and extended.
- Experience with ELT methods using a script-based approach.
- Understanding of data management practices such as data integration, master data management, metadata management, data quality management, security/privacy
- Expertise with Data Management, Data Warehousing, and Analytics, including extensive implementation experiences using Amazon Redshift and the AWS ecosystem
- Willingness and ability to get hands on code, model, develop, write SQL
- Experience in agile-based development and information lifecycle.
- ITIL and Enterprise Change Management background
- Technical project management background
- Drive to stay current on skills and technology in the data space
- Knowledge of common data and database pitfalls and how to avoid them.
- Proven expertise with Data Management, Data Warehousing, and Analytics, including extensive implementation experiences using Amazon Redshift and the AWS Ecosystem
- Deep experience with conceptual, logical and physical data modeling for large databases
- Bachelor's degree in relevant Business, Technology, or Engineering specialty
- 10+ years of experience in the IT profession with 3+ years of experience in architecture and implementation of an enterprise datawarehouse.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.