Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
Are you passionate about building great software products?
At Tempus, software products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern full-stack tech stack - React and NodeJS on AWS - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Our decentralized, microservice architecture and emphasis on automation allow us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence, and at scale.
Under the direction of the Head of IT, the IT Helpdesk Manager is someone who performs and oversees a variety of Information Technology duties in accordance with company policies and procedures. Duties include managing IT operations (End User Computing, Service desk and Support, Device Imaging (PC/Mac)) . This also includes maintenance and troubleshooting amongst our 3 office locations (Chicago, New York, San Francisco). This is also a supervisory position.
What You'll Do:
- Operations Management:
- Manage daily operations of the IT department
- Assist with IT needs either directly, or through future additional positions
- Plan, coordinate and supervise all IT related tasks or activities for the team
- Ensure that software and systems meet overall company goals
- Manage IT Service Desk
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network and other systems problems
- Develop Processes:
- Analyze operations data and institute procedures
- Recommend the purchasing and installing of hardware, software and telecommunications equipment to management
- Research and stay abreast of new techniques and technologies
- Accountable for achieving the departments targets and KPIs
- Supervisory responsibilities for the overall IT operations team
- May be responsible for staffing, terminations, disciplinary actions, training and developing subordinates
- May be responsible for completing adequate performance documentation on time
What we�re looking for:
- 4 year degree or certificate in computer science or a related field required
- Experience leading a team of IT service desk technicians
- Experience with wireless network, network security, mobile devices and telecom.
- Experience managing multiple locations within an organization, a plus
- Experience with any or all of the following applications - G Suite, Zendesk, Acronis and/or AirWatch
- Experience with IDM processes and tools (e.g. Okta)
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for software engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.