IT Infrastructure Manager
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. We’re driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business. .
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 450 employees across 10 offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies via Raizlabs. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2017
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
WATCH THIS to learn more about Rightpoint and our culture:
The IT Infrastructure Manager will be responsible for the leadership of Rightpoint’s IT Infrastructure systems and the team that supports it. They are responsible for maintaining a dynamic knowledge base of technical solutions to ensure that the organization's IT infrastructure is as efficient, productive, and secure as possible. They must be generally excited about all things technology, exhibit outside-the-box thinking and have an approachable attitude and personality.
They also need to be comfortable with “rolling up their sleeves” and doing whatever it takes to support the team and the entire company. The IT Support Manager will assist employees with a wide array of computing and other technical issues on a day-to-day basis. The ideal candidate needs to have the aptitude to lend technical assistance for 450+ in-person and remote users both quickly and gracefully.
They will supervise the maintenance and security of technical services and information within the organization, as well as ensuring adequate training and abilities of the team. They will manage IT related projects and handle various IT operations. Delegating duties to the rest of the small team and be ultimately responsible for the performance and security of our systems. Sample functions include:
- Ensures all users benefit from effective technology, efficient Internet access, and continually assesses needs and requirements
- Organizes support, troubleshooting, and repair for IT equipment and networks
- Proactively monitors online security for users and networks and takes appropriate steps to address security breaches if necessary
- Develops and maintains emergency plans to address equipment, power, or security failure to ensure preservation of technology and data
- Define / Maintain Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP) and Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
- Configures, maintains and monitors system backups and test recovery processes periodically
- Has a thorough understanding of available technology and researches to learn about innovative solutions and new releases
- Attends technology showcases to remains up-to-date regarding new developments
- Provide technical leadership for Rightpoint IT Support Team across all offices
- Support and integration of Cloud Infrastructure solutions including Virtual Machines, cloud services and virtual network configurations
- Apply security fundamentals and best practices to improve Rightpoint’s security infrastructure, policies and procedures
- Support and optimization of Rightpoint Systems
- Establishes relationships with technology related vendors including initial vendor selection, contract negotiations and ongoing vendor management
- Budget management including annual planning and ongoing tracking and reporting
- Provide technical insight for the management, operations, and support of cloud solutions post implementation
- Provide technical guidance for onboarding new environments
- Act as a technical escalation point for troubleshooting complex issues
- Responds quickly to support requests and manages these requests in the Help Desk ticketing system (Salesforce Service Cloud) as they progress towards resolution.
- Identifies recurring problems, works with the team to identify the root cause, then plans and executes the necessary steps to eliminate possibility of reoccurrences
- Assist in the creation of How-to’s, FAQs and other related documentation
- Manages the team that configures laptops and devices for new and existing employees
- Assist in technology on-boarding (equipment, networks, security, systems, etc.) for new employees
- Track inventory information as it relates to technology equipment and accessories; assists in ordering additional equipment when necessary
- Provide support coverage during non-business hours when necessary
- A minimum of 8+ years of relevant IT experience in Service Desk, Server, network, Application, and System Support
- Working knowledge of network security and compliance (encryption, security audit)
- Systems administration and/or working knowledge of;
- Infrastructure – Servers, SANs, Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, etc.
- Networks – Routers, Switches, VLANs
- Security - Install, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot Firewall; LAN/WAN, inter office VPN tunnels, Intrusion Detection, etc.
- Cloud– Microsoft Azure, O365, Azure AD
- Web Application – Web Servers, IIS, Web Technologies
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Cyber Security best practices and procedures with a basic understanding of NIST or ISO/IEC 27000-series standards
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional documentation skills and attention to detail for documentation (design documentation, processes/procedures, environment diagrams, etc.).
- Eagerness to learn and work outside your technology comfort zone.
- Ability to be self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented with an emphasis on team performance.
- Exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
- Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of anticipating and exceeding customer expectations.
- Vendor management experience
- Budget management experience
- Exposure to and understanding of ITSM/ITIL and ticketing system
- Exposure to and understanding of RMM tools
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve application and system issues
- Experience with Windows 10, 8/8.1, and Mac OSX operating systems is required.
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- PTO + paid holidays
- Casual dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we mirror their dress code)
- Flexible work schedule
- Great health coverage
- 401k with company matching
- Regular happy hours and social events including: game nights, basketball, 5K runs, golf outings, team sports, etc.
- Volunteering opportunities with the Compassion Club
- Open office environment
- Continuous training, certifications, and learning opportunities (because we’re always hungry for more)
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an “Employment Authorized” result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.