IT Manager - End User Computing
Paylocity's technology team works with cutting-edge hardware and software to provide an exceptional experience for all company employees. Our users are technically-savvy and demand the best productivity and collaboration tools in the industry. All members of the EUC team are passionate about technology and eager to take on this challenge.
The End User Computing (EUC) Manager reports to the Director of Internal Tech Ops and is responsible for supporting Paylocity internal clients and end user support. The person will be responsible for mentoring team staff, managing team workload, ensuring that all requests are processed in a timely manner, and generally ensuring the successful operation of the Paylocity help desk. Other responsibilities include managing team schedules, ensuring adequate coverage during EUC support hours, preparing reports on team workloads and issue resolution metrics. In addition, this person will create and maintain documentation for systems and procedures, perform asset management, maintain hardware inventory, and track software licenses for end-users.
The EUC group supports the computer and telephony needs of all company end-users. Technicians build and manage desktop images, deploy hardware to end-users, install software, and troubleshoot connectivity issues. In addition to local employees, Analysts also support remote users via email, phone, and screen-sharing. Analysts also perform regular roll-outs of new hardware and software.
Technical Skills Required:
• Strong knowledge of computer hardware components and troubleshooting techniques.
• Experience working in a help desk with multiple operating shifts.
• Experience with Microsoft desktop operating systems and productivity applications.
• Experience managing user and computer security policies.
• Experience with help desk ticketing systems.
• Experiencing managing computer imaging and software deployment systems.
• Experience with networking concepts and implementations.
• Exposure to database concepts, queries and reports.
Business Skills Required:
• 5+ years working in an end user support role
• Experience supervising a help desk team in a ticket-driven and service-oriented environment.
• Experience meeting deadlines while providing an exceptional end-user experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Ability to perform under pressure and experience handling escalated issues.
• Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Must set high standards and integrity while motivating the team to succeed.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with technical and non-technical teams.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• A strong love of learning and a willingness to take on new challenges.