About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise IT, the IT Applications manager will be leader of managing day to day operations of applications used through out the business. This includes fostering relationships with business leaders to ensure that tools and applications meet the needs of our evolving business.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Leads system-wide initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of Grubhub business processes in accordance with priorities and directions negotiated and discussed with various leadership groups.
- Recognizes and advances opportunities for the utilization of the information technology investments.
- Reviews and approves all systems development project requests, and coordinates schedules and related departmental activities.
- Provides overall direction and guidance to assigned project team members; supervises professional staff.
- Onboard and Offboard corporate applications to ensure that systems tools are aligned to meet business requirements.
- Prepares activity and progress reports regarding all systems analysis and programming areas.
- Collaborates with other Information Technology management staff regarding enterprise and system-wide computer architecture, capacity, planning, security and usage.
- Provides a significant level of input regarding hiring/termination decisions, performance management, salary increases and disciplinary actions and/or budget management.
- Creates and manages the Enterprise Applications budget and provides input in the administration of related budgets.
- Vendor management and contract negotiation.
- Leads migration from legacy on premise software to SaaS technologies.
- Manage day to day activities of the identify and access management team
- Establish and administer operating and technology standards, development of new IT services, problem identification and resolution processes.
- Management responsibilities for direct reports (interviewing, hiring, training employees, planning, assigning, directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems).
- Development of processes, standards and procedures for the team alignment with the overall IT operations and governance processes.
- Responsible for establishing job standards for subordinate staff and effectively evaluating staff.
You Should Have
- Experience with ITIL Change, Configuration and Release Management Processes is a plus.
- Knowledge of Computer hardware and software used in a networked and web-based environment.
- Knowledge of information technology designs, setups, installation, implementation and maintenance.
- Knowledge with the full range of IT services and products.
- Working knowledge of Jira
- Knowledge of security issues, crisis management and business continuity; and legal issues regarding technology.
- Knowledge of Software life cycle activities.
- Working knowledge of the management of standard corporate software like ServiceNow, Slack, G-Suite, Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
- Knowledge of PMBOK Project Management Framework.
- Knowledge of existing, evolving and new technology resources and how to tie these investments to improved performance.
- Working knowledge of office practices and methods.
- Working knowledge of Identify and Access management processes and tools
- Knowledge of basic business principles and business and industry-specific terminology.
- Knowledge of business case analysis.
- Knowledge of costing, budgeting, risk and financial analysis.
- Knowledge of quality assurance concepts and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or 10+ years of equivalent IT experience. Master’s degree is preferred
- 5+ years as IT Project Manager with experience managing large technology projects.
- 3+ years’ experience in facilitating the design and maintenance of complex IT Systems that include data storage, network and/or server and client computing systems.