IT OPERATIONS SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The IT Operations Support Specialist will monitor and support enterprise systems, networks, applications and batch jobs. This position requires the ability to analyze and resolve technical problems and provide technical support for end users. Specialists will also be responsible for communication and escalation of major incidents and outages and must have the ability to communicate and work with a technical and non-technical audience. This position will be part of a high performing team delivering best in class IT services to the business and our customers.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and support enterprise systems including but not limited to; Windows and UNIX servers, SQL and Oracle Databases as well as cisco routers and switches.
- Administer, monitor and support batch processing and job scheduling. System jobs include Windows and UNIX batch programs, SQL and Oracle stored procedures, SAP programs and other miscellaneous applications.
- Monitor and support the end of day procedures for retail stores and ensure successful completion of nightly processing.
- IT security administration for enterprise systems.
- Use advanced troubleshooting skills to obtain and convey concise problem information for retail stores, corporate office and distribution centers and resolve or escalate incidents in accordance with established procedures.
- Coordinate Change Control process through non-Production and Production environments according to policies and procedures
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of IT Operations supported products and services.
- Work with key business partners reporting on application performance within supported IT services
Delivery and Operations:
- Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to applications
- Undertakes the identification, registration and categorization of incidents.
- Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly escalates incidents as appropriate
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2 year of technical support or IT experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Microsoft products with the ability to diagnose application software and hardware problems
- Understanding of IT Operations batch processing, monitoring of devices and systems and change control procedures
- General understanding of retail systems
- Ability to simultaneously and successfully handle multiple, disparate tasks
- Strong customer service, organizational and communication skills
- Experience with Linux command line or program scripting
- Experience with an Enterprise Job Scheduler
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.