IT SENIOR ANALYST- MERCHANDISING at Ulta Beauty
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Sr IT Analyst for Procurement systems in merchandising team will have functional and technical responsibility for implementation, projects, testing, and support of Procurement & Master Data applications at ULTA. Procurement applications will include SAP-MM in SAP ECC & SAP S4, Master Data, Ariba or OpenText and Fiori Systems. Master Data applications will include but not limited to Article Master, Vendor Master, Site Master, and Pricing Master for Retail. The Sr IT Analyst will be working closely with the business, cross functional teams on project and help Support organization, as needed. They will Lead Merchandising IT members to formulate and participate in new scope & requirements, blueprinting, testing, build and deploy activities to meet the business needs in Supplier collaboration, Procurement areas.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS
- Requirements definition and management – Uses established techniques as directed to identify current problems and elicit, specify and document business functional, data and non-functional requirements. Reviews operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions in new or changed processes.
- Application Support – Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Configuration Management – Applies tools, techniques and processes to track, log, report on and correct configuration items, components and changes related to the configuration items.
- Incident Management – Undertakes the identification, registration and categorization of incidents. Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly escalates incidents as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Development Testing – Creates test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications and processes. Reviews test results and provide reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project. Identifies process improvements, and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
- Relationship Management - Reviews the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts. Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks. Contributes to the development and enhancement of customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Change Management - Assesses analyses, creates, documents, presents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Problem Management - Undertakes and reviews actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services. Assesses problem fixes/remedies. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Functional configuration and SME responsibility for SAP Procurement, Ariba Network, OpenText, Master Data Applications for testing, and project work
- Functional responsibility for integration into Planning systems, Warehouse management system and third party Procure to Pay Applications
- Work closely with key business partners and cross functional areas during entire lifecycle of the project
- Provide functional support and troubleshooting for production issues by working with the Support Organization in Procurement area
- Explore and recommend solutions to issues & business requirements
- Lead, participate, and document requirements, design, and test plans within sessions for project, enhancement, or break/fix work in merchandising area
- Assist or build Project plan, track completion, and create estimates for multiple Merchandising initiatives.
- Creates, maintains, and leads coordination for documentation such as functional specifications, configuration document, FUT, process flows, etc
- 7+ years hands on experience in both functional configuration with SAP Procurement, IM module as functional and support analyst.
- Strong Procure to pay knowledge with at least 4 to 5 years of experience in Direct & indirect procurement, Private label purchasing and FI, IM and WM integration.
- Experience in integration of SAP MM with external Planning systems like JDA Allocation, Manhattan DFIO, Ariba Network, OpenText, external Warehouse application like Manhattan WMOS, is preferable
- Experience with Procure to Pay solutions in retail or high volume industries.
- Experience in Procure to pay scenarios in S/4 HANA Environment and SAP SCP desired.
- Experience in working with contractor firms with resources both onshore and offshore.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt quickly to change and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal and active listening traits
- Strong leadership skills in accountability and customer focus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communications (written and verbal), customer focus skills required.
- Networking/interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a wide variety of individuals, both internally and externally
- Flexibility of providing support during off-business hours
- Be proactive and ability to catch issues before failures
- Bachelor’s degree
- Normal office demands
- Some travel required