IT SENIOR ANALYST- OMS - SUPPLY CHAIN
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Sr. IT Analyst for IBM Order Management System in Supply chain team will have functional and technical responsibility for implementation of projects, enhancements and Quarterly Releases that includes testing, cutover, deployment and support of IBM OMS application at ULTA. The Sr. IT Analyst will be working closely with the business, IBM, vendors, cross functional IT teams on projects and quarterly releases. They will Lead the effort to formulate and coordinate project deployments, quarterly upgrade releases and holiday readiness of OMS application.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS
- Requirements definition and management – Uses established techniques as directed to identify current problems and elicit, specify and document business functional, data and non-functional requirements. Reviews operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions in new or changed processes.
- Application Support – Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Configuration Management – Applies tools, techniques and processes to track, log, report on and correct configuration items, components and changes related to the configuration items.
- Incident Management – Undertakes the identification, registration and categorization of incidents. Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly escalates incidents as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Development Testing – Creates test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications and processes. Reviews test results and provide reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project. Identifies process improvements, and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
- Relationship Management - Reviews the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts. Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks. Contributes to the development and enhancement of customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Change Management - Assesses analyses, creates, documents, presents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Problem Management - Undertakes and reviews actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services. Assesses problem fixes/remedies. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Partner with Application Vendors, System Integrators, business and IT cross functional teams for deploying the solutions (code/config) in Order Management landscape
- Provide required oversight on application landscape, release testing and change management.
- Provide architectural oversight for the development of prototypes and setting technology direction deliverables that are consistent with defined architecture principles, standards, methodologies and best practices.
- Lead through collaboration across the organization to support and govern the introduction of new technologies. Review, align, and drive technology plans with enterprise goals, business plans and business processes.
- Define and promote processes, policies, standards and procedures to assure compliance with corporate and regulatory policies.
- Mentor team members and provide technology leadership.
- Develop and maintain artifacts in the Architecture Library.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and market trends within the retail space and makes recommendations to align with the business strategic initiatives. Develop and maintain the technology roadmaps that drive innovation within the organization.
- Functional configuration and SME responsibility for Sterling OMS in the areas of Order management/orchestration, Order sourcing, Store fulfillment modules
- Functional responsibility for integration into Order capture, Store system and Fulfillment Applications
- Work closely with key business partners and cross functional areas during entire lifecycle of the project
- Provide functional support and troubleshooting for production issues
- Lead and/or Participate Outage Calls and Root Cause Analysis for the problems
- Explore and recommend solutions to business requirements and issues
- Lead, participate, and document requirements, design, and test plans within sessions for project, enhancement, or break/fix work in supply chain area
- Assist or build Project plan, track completion, and create estimates for multiple Supply Chain initiatives.
- Creates, maintains, and leads coordination for documentation such as functional specifications, process flows, etc
- 5 + years hands on experience in Order Management Systems as functional and support analyst.
- Experience with IBM OMS as a SaaS (Software as a Service) application is a strong Plus.
- Strong knowledge in Product releases, deployment methods, and cutover process in Order management.
- Experience in Integration with Order Capture, Store systems and Fulfillment systems is required
- Experience implementing a OMS solution in retail or high volume industries is a huge plus.
- Proven track record and experience in providing superior production support
- Experience in working with contractor firms with resources both onshore and offshore.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal and active listening traits
- Strong leadership skills in accountability and customer focus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Customer Service/relationship focus
- Strong communications (written and verbal), customer focus skills required.
- Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons
- Be proactive and ability to catch issues before failures
- Bachelor’s degree
- Normal office demands
- Some travel required