IT SENIOR ANALYST - SUPPLY CHAIN
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Supply Chain systems Sr. IT Analyst will have functional responsibility for environment, release, and implementation planning and execution of projects, break-fix, and support changes of all Supply Chain systems. The Sr IT Analyst will be working closely with the Supply Chain IT team, business, vendors, and cross functional IT teams on project and support functions.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS
- Requirements definition and management – Contributes to selection of the most appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed requirements. Undertakes business requirements as directed, maintaining traceability back to source. Assesses them for adherence to business objectives and for consistency, challenging positively as appropriate. Leads requirements prioritization with stakeholders. Reviews operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Configuration Management – Applies tools, techniques and processes to track, log, report on and correct configuration items, components and changes related to the configuration items.
- Incident Management – Undertakes the identification, registration and categorization of incidents. Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly escalates incidents as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Data Analysis – Applies data analysis, data modelling, and quality techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and associated components. Liaises with database engineers and other application development team members on the details of data structures and associated components.
- Development Testing – Creates test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications and processes. Maintains traceability records, from test cases back to requirements. Investigates requirements for environment, data, resources and tools. Reviews test results and modifies tests if necessary. Provides reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project. Identifies process improvements, and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
- Relationship Management - Reviews the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts. Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks. Contributes to the development and enhancement of customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Change Management - Assesses, analyses, creates, documents, presents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Problem Management - Undertakes and reviews actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services. Assesses problem fixes/remedies. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Functional responsibility for Supply Chain systems by leading small team of resources for project, support fixes, and break-fix planning, releases, and implementation execution.
- Functional responsibility for integration with supply chain applications.
- Lead key business partners and cross functional areas during entire lifecycle of the project
- Release plan coordination and execution across all areas of Supply Chain IT
- Explore and recommend solutions to business requirements and issues
- Lead, participate, and document requirements, design, and test plans within sessions for project, enhancement, or break/fix work in supply chain area
- Assist or build Project plan, track completion, and create estimates for multiple Supply Chain initiatives.
- Creates, maintains, and leads coordination for documentation such as functional specifications, process flows, etc
- Relationship building with all areas involved
- Lead or Create environment, implementation, and support documentation
- 5+ years hands on functional experience in supply chain systems as functional analyst.
- Experience in supporting multiple project go-lives and coordinating resources and tasks to successfully deploy complex projects
- Experience in Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) systems area a must
- Experience with SAP Supply Chain preferred.
- Experience with OMS system a plus
- Experience on integration between Supply Chain systems a must
- Experience with Supply Chain solutions in retail or high volume industries
- Experience in implementing and supporting of supply chain systems
- Proven track record and experience in providing superior production support
- Experience in working with contractor firms with resources both onshore and offshore
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal and active listening traits
- Strong leadership skills in accountability and customer focus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Cross functional relationship building skills
- Ability to hold individuals and team members accountable
- Customer Service/relationship focus
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong communications (written and verbal), customer focus skills required.
- Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons
- Be proactive and ability to catch issues before failures
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or related field
- Normal office demands
- Some travel required