WHO WE ARE
Basis Technologies delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Basis Technologies is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Centro’s IT Operations team manages the technical solutions that allow each Centron to be effective at their job. This team oversees a mid-sized, modern, secure network of over 800 clients running primarily Windows 10, with a dose of macOS for good measure. Windows Server and Linux rule the server landscape. No matter the issue, this dedicated team provides Raving Fan service for all problems big and small. While their days are sometimes unpredictable, their commitment to learning and educating one another on our increasingly complex network remains constant.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
You are a technological Swiss army knife who has a passion not only for gadgets and technology, but also a passion for helping others with even the smallest tech questions. You are regularly called a “hero” for saving someone’s day, or a teacher for helping a new employee understand their new laptop. You’re a team player willing to support your coworkers with core projects and you use your endless quest for knowledge to research new technologies that benefit all of Centro. You will also contribute by:
- Diagnosing and solving problems through troubleshooting skills, logic, and research
- Providing direct hardware and software support for Windows and macOS laptops, along with user access to cloud solutions, network resources, and applications via remote access tools
- Providing in-depth knowledge, support, and basic training of Office 365 applications such as Teams, Outlook, OneDrive, and other core functionality of the MS Office suite
- Providing direct remote support for LAN, WIFI, VPN, printers, mobile devices, and video conferencing tools across both corporate and home networks
- Adhering to SLAs by responding to tickets and resolving/escalating issues in a timely matter
- Supporting the IT Operations team with software upgrades and installs, office relocations, and expansions, with optional travel opportunities
- Deploying PC and Mac notebooks via SCCM and JAMF and onboarding new employees
- Maintaining records of hardware, software, and network inventory
- Maintaining existing documentation and creating new documentation as required
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 2-4 years of experience in IT Operations
- Experience with AD and O365
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in and contribute to a team environment
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to identify root causes and develop resolutions to complex problems
- Self-motivated with the ability to follow directions, complete time-sensitive tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to document processes and procedures with attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills with a true desire to help fellow employees
- Working experience with SCCM and JAMF
- Experience supporting users in a corporate, multi-site environment
- Basic scripting and automation experience a plus
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH BASIS TECHNOLOGIES
We take care of our people and believe that our success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.