IT Strategic Procurement Manager at DFIN
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Global Procurement, the IT Strategic Procurement Manager is responsible for the procurement and strategic development of IT materials/services. The IT Strategic Sourcing Manager will identify cost savings opportunities and manage current/new supplier relationships through contract execution and negotiations. This individual will manage cross-functional projects to drive efficiencies through the organization and generate cost improvements to create a value proposition for the organization.
- Develop/implement global sourcing and supplier strategies in correlation with market trends, business needs, and competitive landscape creating company roadmap for short, medium, and long-term gains
- Leverage both current and new supplier relationships to drive cost reductions, negotiate long-term agreements, and form strategic partnerships that enhance the supplier portfolio to provide positive financial impacts and increased stability
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop SOW's that reflect business needs in a way to clearly communicate to supply base and effectively support the business units
- Conduct thorough RFP process and supplier selection in order to achieve cost targets, adhere to contractual requirements, and follow strategic plans
- Initiate benchmark analysis to identify potential cost gaps and ensure price alignment across commodity
- Work with purchase requisitioners to create purchase orders in conjunction with Master Product and Service Agreements and annual budgetary needs
- Collaborate effectively across all organization levels and functions to drive business units toward common goals and objectives that are in alignment with procurement initiatives
- Conduct commodity and supplier analysis to recognize and implement potential opportunities, gaps and risk analysis, and areas for efficiency gains
- Ascertain relevant market knowledge and best practices to offer alternative/improved solutions driving improvements in business operations
- Manages direct reports
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field
- 7+ years experience in Purchasing; IT Purchasing preferred
- IT Software Licensing and/or IT Professional Labor/Services sourcing background highly desired.
- MBA preferred
- SAP experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking when analyzing and resolving issues
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and project management skills required
- Experience in identifying trends, managing commodities, and establishing strategic direction
- Ability to liaise and conduct project reviews with all levels of upper and executive management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills with capability to employ creative measures to achieve optimal results
- Excel, MS Office Suite intermediate skills a must
- Robust analytical aptitude to generate business cases and sourcing opportunities
- Proven track record of developing, coaching, and mentoring talent
Donnelley Financial Solutions is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any employment decision because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable national laws.