IT Support Specialist at Hireology
Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last ten years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 150 team members, and we’ve created an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work.
We are seeking an IT Support Specialist to join the Hireology Engineering team. In this role, the IT Support Specialist will support both office and remote employees with a wide variety of technical challenges ranging from computer issues, email issues, SaaS account issues, and basic networking and server support. The ideal candidate will have the ability to respond promptly and empathetically to problems in high-pressure situations and resolve issues in a calm and efficient manner. They will also work closely with other members of the technical team to continue to define and implement best practices.
As our IT Support Specialist, you’ll be responsible for:
- Working closely with our employees to resolve various computing issues
- Maintain and support our macOS hardware and software
- Support a number of SaaS products like Jamf, Okta, Slack, Zoom
- Onboarding and Offboarding and lifecycle management
- Test software upgrades and operating systems prior to company-wide deployment
- Coordinate automated software installations and upgrades company-wide
- Monitor and maintain client support systems including security updates
- Create and maintain documentation of IT processes and problem resolution details
- Investigate software and hardware problems and coordinate the problem resolution with other IT staff as needed
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for an IT Support Specialist candidate. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
- Will have to work at least part time out of our chicago office
- 1-3 years supporting Apple desktop products or similar experience
- Experience in troubleshooting networking issues including Ethernet, TCP/IP, and Wifi protocols
Extra credit for:
- Apple or A+ certifications
- Google Workspace, Zoom, Zendesk, Jamf, Okta experience or certifications
- Shell scripting and other system administration automation tools
- Advanced knowledge of Apple Mac client and server operating systems
Hireology is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or protected veteran status, or any other category protected under the law. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We support an inclusive workplace where Hireologists excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.