IT System Administrator at Green Thumb
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:28 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, July 11, 2019
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national chains of retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 89 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,100 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
GTI is a high-growth company in a brand-new industry looking to build our first internal IT department. As a green field project this is an incredibly exciting opportunity to help design the systems and team that you have always wanted to be a part of. The System Administrator will work collaboratively with the VP of technology and will put your skills in systems, automation, networking, and communication to work building the best possible solutions that will help GTI continue its rapid growth and success. As a System Administrator you are a problem solver and genuinely like helping team members work through issues with their computer systems, software, hardware, etc. This role is located in our Chicago HQ and is not a telecommute role.
We are specifically seeking a candidate with extensive server management experience (100+ preferred) supporting an employee population of 1000+.
- Manage, maintain and monitor the global internal & external (cloud) systems and infrastructure
- Design and deploy systems for 70+ manufacturing and retail locations
- Create infrastructure documentation and keep it up to date on our team wiki
- Automate everyday IT help-desk and system administration tasks such as patching, support, software installation, etc.
- Work closely with the department head to design, build, test, and then deploy our systems
- Manage your own IT projects and take full ownership
- Sync your activities and share your experience with a diverse team
- Provide different training to application users and managers
- A bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field
- At least 6 years experience in IT with progressive responsibility
- Good communication & troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrable deep knowledge in at least one of the following:
- Office365 and AD administration
- MDM administration of Windows 10 and Apple devices
- Enterprise scale networking
- Identity Management
- Automation systems
- Experience with monitor and alerting systems
- The ability to work flexible, independently as well as in a team
- Passion for IT
- The desire to grow yourself, your team and the company
- Server 2016 MCSA
- Deep knowledge of PowerShell or Python scripting
- Linux or FreeBSD experience
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description