WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
Are you ready to transform an industry? At Centro we are building a comprehensive tech platform that radically increases efficiencies and impact across businesses, teams, and campaigns. Our clients can run all their digital business through Basis, with robust business intelligence, workflow automation, search and social integrations, and the number one rated DSP.
We’re taking the digital advertising world by storm and are proud to be headquartered in the rapidly growing tech hub of Chicago, with offices that span across the United States, Canada, Mexico, and London. Join us in our mission to improve the lives of everyone working in the industry!
WHY WORK WITH US?
At Centro, we believe that lasting success is achieved through continual dedication to the growth and well-being of the individual. Our people are the core of what makes Centro unique. Driven by the Centro Manifesto and our guiding principles, we look to hire the best and brightest minds—curious, passionate learners who are driven to create impact.
We are committed to building a culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We work hard, stay focused, and act in service to others - and are looking for like-minded people to grow with us.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Centro’s IT team manages the technical solutions that allow each Centron to do their job. This team oversees a mid-sized, modern, secure network of over 750 clients running primarily Windows 10, with a dose of MacOS for good measure. Window Server and Linux rule the server landscape. No matter the issue, this dedicated team provides Raving Fan service for all problems big and small. While their days are sometimes unpredictable, their commitment to learning and educating one another on our increasingly complex network remains constant.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
You will proactively monitor and maintain the server infrastructure that supports Centro’s internal business. You will report directly to the Manager of IT Operations and work closely with the entire IT team. You will contribute by:
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of corporate infrastructure projects
- Supporting the admin team with complex software/hardware upgrades and migrations
- Supporting office relocations and expansions (limited travel required)
- Monitoring our backend infrastructure and proactively addressing issues
- Developing scripts/automation to streamline system administration and processes
- Diagnosing problems through troubleshooting skills, logic, and research
- Providing support for our IT Specialists working on escalated tickets or infrastructure projects
- Staying current with technology and bringing new ideas to the team
- Maintaining existing documentation and create new documentation as required
WHAT YOUR BRING TO THE TABLE
- At least 3-5 years of system administration experience designing and building scalable enterprise systems in hybrid on-prem/cloud environments
- Experience in multiplatform (Windows Server/Linux server) environments
- Strong understanding of IT security and infrastructure best practices
- Familiarity with common network architectures and protocols
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work and contribute to a team environment
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to identify root causes and develop resolutions to complex problems
- Self-motivated with the ability to follow directions, complete time-sensitive tasks, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to create and document processes and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a true desire to help fellow employees
- In-depth knowledge of core technologies we utilize (the more the better!):
- O365 (Azure AD, Hybrid Exchange Online/On-Prem, Teams, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, etc.)
- Google Services (G-Suite, Google Cloud, etc)
- Multifactor Authentication, SSO, LDAP
- Active Directory
- VOIP Infrastructure (PBX, SBC, SIP Trunks)
- Windows Server 2016+, Ubuntu, CentOS
- Monitoring and alerting systems
- Centralized logging systems
- Backup Systems (cloud and onprem)
- Endpoint Management and Deployment solutions
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.