IT Systems Administrator at Avant
What you do at Avant:
- Manage the configuration of internal core services (AD, SaaS, MDM resources, etc), from definition to deployment, identifying and eliminating inefficiencies while proposing improvements that improve the overall employee experience.
- Design and implement technical solutions for new business needs and challenges.
- Understand and help refine Service Level Objectives and Service Level Indicators associated with these systems.
- Respond to and resolve issues reported by employees by debugging, performing root cause analysis, and working closely with internal and external support teams.
- Monitor the performance of the fleet, interfacing with operational teams to guide targeted improvements to observability, and striving to minimize operational incidents.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Experience as a System Engineer, specifically within SaaS/Azure environments
- Demonstrated success troubleshooting and correcting operational issues related to to Active Directory design and configuration experience
- Demonstrated success overseeing a growing number of disparate SaaS systems with complex integrations and automations
- Demonstrated success overseeing all aspects of Single Sign-On (SSO) implementation across user endpoints, SaaS, and pet servers (SSH)
- A demonstrated ability to design, implement and support complex networking (routing, ACL) of services serving a distributed workforce
- A demonstrated ability to use one or more of the following languages: Ruby, Python, Bash
- Understand the purpose of Configuration and Infrastructure as Code..
- A strong urge to collaborate across internal teams and with our customers and partners.
- Oversee and guide the implementation of products and services required to maintain compliance with existing, new or changing regulations and audit recommendations.
- A high degree of empathy for the Customer, and feel the only measure of success is how well our products fulfill customer needs.
- A positive attitude and default to action. If you see something that may negatively impact the customer experience, you dive right in, isolate the issue, and ensure we do whatever it takes to eliminate it.
- Excellent communication skills, able to describe complex technical issues in a concise and user-friendly manner.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with Tanium or equivalent device management platform
- Experience with Cisco switching, Cisco VPN, Check Point firewalls, Aruba Wi-Fi or similar
- IP networking, including familiarity with the functionality, operating, and failure modes of networks