IT Systems Engineer – Windows/Security/Networking
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewApplied Technology is a rapid prototyping center within Motorola Solutions. We create proof-of-concept and lower-volume specialty communications products for government and private industry using wireless technologies such as TETRA, LMR, GSM, UMTS, CDMA, WiFi, LTE and embedded systems. Our customer-centric, team based environment provides an excellent growth opportunity for engineers and developers in enterprise markets where innovation is the primary focus.
Applicant should have a strong background in installing, configuring, and maintaining enterprise based Windows systems and Networking solutions. This person will be responsible for supporting internal engineering teams and working with external solution partners to develop and maintain solutions that relate to business needs. To effectively perform these duties with Applied Technology you will be expected to conform to existing IT process methodologies and best practices. This person will also be responsible for creating, deploying, and maintaining network security requirements in a highly controlled and regulated environment to meet government standards and regulations.
- Linux (Redhat/Ubuntu) experience is a plus
- Experience with scripting languages needed for day-to-day management of systems (Powershell, Batch, VB)
- Ability to learn and architect new technologies into existing infrastructure as they are introduced.
- Perform regular system maintenance and monitoring
- Highly disciplined person with very good troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proactively provide written documentation to system process and designs
- Ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to interface with customers and internal teams effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related studies.
- 3+ years of hands on experience in a Windows Desktop/Server environment.
- 2+ years industry experience in Network/Cyber security and creating/maintaining security requirement.
- 2+ years industry experience designing and administering enterprise level network environments (Switching/Routing/Protocols/Firewalls).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain necessary security clearances as required by government contracts.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.