IT Systems Technical Support Specialist I at SMS Assist
The IT Systems Technical Support Specialist I provides technical support to users by researching and answering questions and troubleshooting / resolving problems. They improve client references by writing and maintaining documentation and improve system performance by proactively identifying problems and recommending changes.
• Determine problem definition, research and resolution of Level 1 complexity and assists with Level 2.
• Coordinate problem-handling process for the information technology department
• Manage and update pending user’s requests using help-desk tracking system
• Escalate issues based on complexity and priority
• Perform administrative tasks involved with creation, deletion and changes in user’s network accounts
• Provide feedback to the team leader on key issues that affect IT services availability
• Advise users on system outages
• Be available for after-hours support/on-call when required
• Assist network/system engineers (when needed) with maintenance and troubleshooting by providing local on-site presence with direction from the engineers
• Install, configure and troubleshoot the following software products; Microsoft (MS) Office Suite, MS Windows 7/10, MS Active Directory, Email/O365, Anti-Virus products, Anti-SPAM products, and Remote Access methods (RDP, LogMeIn Rescue)
• Administer Microsoft Active Directory, Office365, S2 Security, and AWS Connect call-system
• Troubleshoot network and voice connectivity issues (with guidance from engineers)
• Troubleshoot printer and copier connectivity issues as well as monitor toner levels
• Configure and troubleshoot mobile devices, iPhone, Android
• Foster a positive team environment
• Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
• Perform ad-hoc projects
• Teamwork - Proficient
• Relationships - Proficient
• Negotiation – Proficient
• Organizational Awareness – Proficient
• Learning Agility - Proficient
• Analysis - Proficient
• Problem Solving - Proficient
• Process Orientation - Proficient
• Prioritization - Proficient
Role Specific Skills
• Computer Skills: Proficiencies in: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook preferred
• Strong technical background on PC compatible type of hardware and peripherals
• Macintosh (Mac) support experience is a plus but not required
• Working knowledge of mobile devices; iPhone and Android
• Working knowledge of basic networking: Ethernet, TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS
• System Experience with Microsoft products; Windows 7/10, Office 2013/2016, Active Directory, O365 preferred
• Undergraduate degree in Information Technology / Information System / Computer Science preferred.
• Able to work quickly and efficiently with a strong focus on achieving tasks.
• Proficient in soft skills and with a strong customer service focus
• 2+ years of experience in IT Technical Support field
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status,