As the IT Project Specialist, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating IT staff, unit managers, and outside vendors/consultants for our expanding retail and manufacturing developments ensuring technology project deadlines are on-time, on-budget, and within scope. In this role you will be responsible for assisting the Technology Project Manager in overseeing many new construction builds, remodels, expansions, and managing vendors. This is a hands-on role, and you will be expected to travel to our various locations to complete installations, ensure functionality of new store equipment, and manage the installation schedules.
- Project Manage all retail and manufacturing facility technical project plans to ensure all low voltage and on-site technology (point of sale systems, CCTV, digital menus, etc.) needs are on time and on budget.
- Create and build a plan for deployment of technology across all locations
- Manage technology inventory for field locations
- Develop and maintain project documentation – including project brief, project plans, communication, project status updates, executive reporting, vendor management tools, budgeting, etc.
- Establish and clearly define the requirements, deliverables, and desired outcomes of each project and ensure members of each project team comprehend their roles as they relate to the process and final output
- Acting as primary point of contact to handle project issues, risks and dependencies as well as manage changes to project scope
- Providing regular transparency, such as status reports and escalating risks and issues impacting project delivery
- Evolve, innovate and improve processes and templates throughout project lifecycles
- Bachelors degree required and 3+ years experience in large multi-location technology roll out project management, retail and new store opening experience preferred
- Strong relationship building skills, with both internal stakeholders and external partners; experience managing vendors highly preferred
- Advanced proficiency with project management tools including Microsoft suite of tools including Excel and PowerPoint
- Aptitude to grasp new concepts and effectively produce results
- Exceptional problem-solving skills – an analytical, innovative, and creative mindset
- Ability to structure and manage intensive workloads
- High degree of emotional intelligence to effectively deal with increasingly diverse clients and teams
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and work presenting to internal stakeholders
- Proven experience in enterprise wide project management working with various internal and external stakeholders with a history of on-time and on-budget projects
- Relevant experience with point of sale systems, network infrastructure, telecommunications, SSO, blueprints, construction schedules, and state regulations
- Experience in vendor management, vendor selection and scorecard creation
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry