Lab Operations Associate
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking to build a laboratory operations team who are passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques to processing and creating and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data. Scientists will collaborate with product, research, and business development teams to develop the most advanced sequencing platform in cancer care.
What you’ll do:
- Work in a cutting-edge clinical laboratory to support next-generation sequencing workflow with rapid turnaround times
- Assist with sample organization and tracking in the laboratory workflow
- Work to maintain CLIA/CAP compliance through documentation assistance
- Maintain lab cleanliness, i.e. washing floors, windows, labware
- Temperature monitoring and freezer defrosting
- High school degree or GED required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with others