Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The focus of this role will be on audits and reviews of Consumer Compliance regulations for Direct Banking products, with an objective to improve controls and efficiencies of the activities reviewed.
This position is responsible for helping the Audit Department maintain and enhance processes and controls, in support of the overall compliance program components. This role provides advice to the Operational audits on consumer compliance related regulations and helps identify compliance issues and corrective action plans, and communicates the scope and severity of concerns identified to the applicable levels of management.
- Leads client audits. Develops risk assessments that align to standards. Completes and documents audit fieldwork and testing. Identifies potential findings for discussion with management. Discusses findings with clients and develops action plans. Completes reviews of audit work of assigned staff.
- Communicates statuses of audits and findings to clients. Partners with clients to develop solutions to identified findings. Interacts effectively with technology, operations, and financial auditors to ensure coverage of audit entity.
- Develops and educates team members. Defines expectations with audit staff.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Applied Sciences, Engineering, Operations, Accounting, Finance, Business, Computer Science, Data Science, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Applied Sciences, Engineering, Operations, Accounting, Finance, Business, Computer Science, Data Science, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in Applied Sciences, Engineering, Operations, Accounting, Finance, Business, Computer Science, Data Science, or related field
- CIA and CRCM, or related certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.