LEAD DIGITAL TECHNICAL SUPPORT at Caterpillar
The Lead Technical Support Engineer is responsible for monitoring overall performance of assigned digital products and handling customer issues through resolution.
Responsibilities of the incumbents is to provide Worldwide monitoring of overall performance (including reliability, durability, maintainability and serviceability) of assigned current and future digital products.
- Provide team leadership and oversight to digital technical operations team
- Identify, investigate and obtain resolution commitments for all significant field issues to maintain and improve assigned digital product performance.
- Issue identification; reports in all forms from customers, dealers, industry reps and subsidiaries
- Issue investigation; statistical analyses, physical testing and analysis of application failures, returned parts, development of quick field fixes, suggested design or manufacturing improvements, etc.
- Resolution of commitments; formally document issues and provide follow-up on the resolution process with industry and development teams.
- Conduct Serviceability Audits on NPI for digital products and applications. Provide input for setting targets for digital product and application reliability, durability and serviceability to be stated in the functional specifications.
- Initiate service publications to announce significant digital product and application improvements and temporary field fix information to key dealer personnel, through appropriate communication channels.
- Issue Parts Stock Authorization letters to meet abnormal demands due to new field issues with digital products.
- Stay current with all digital products and applications, also develop and maintain a digital products and application knowledge base and training materials.
- Provide digital product and application support to Distribution Services Divisions (DSDs), dealers, Corporate Account Managers, subsidiary service groups, warranty technicians, sales development, product support development, test & evaluation, research, service training, etc.
- Participate in Safety Audits and provide technical assistance for defense in digital product and application liability lawsuits.
- Conduct dealer and customer visits to personally provide expert technical assistance on urgent field issues for digital products and applications.
Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from
time to time.
- Requires a college or university degree, technical certification or equivalent experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in infrastructure system administration or support work
Top candidates will also have:
- Expertise in administration tasks for Windows/Linux operating systems
- Expertise with relational databases support, querying and database reporting
- Experience with AWS services: EC2, S3, VPC, Route 53, RDS, CloudFormation, EC2, DynamoDB (NoSQL), Lambda, logging/CloudWatch, IAM, Certificate Manager, ELB, EBS, ECS, CloudFront/WAF, SQS, SNS, SES.
- Working experience with programming languages: Powershell, SQL, JSON, DOS and KQL
- Working knowledge on deploying autoscaling features
- Expertise with high availability architecture
- Knowledge of Caterpillar policies and procedures, and a general understanding of Caterpillar’s organization.