LEAD IT ANALYST- SAP RETAIL
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Lead IT Analyst for IS Retail will have functional and technical responsibility for implementation, projects, testing, and support of Master Data and Pricing at ULTA. The applications will include SAP (to-be S/4 HANA) and integrations to the connecting applications that uses the responsible data. The Lead IT Analyst will be working closely with the business, vendors, cross functional teams on project and support functions. They will lead and participate in new scope & requirements, break-fix work, testing, and support activities to meet the business needs in Merchandising and Procurement areas.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS
- Requirements definition and management – Uses established techniques as directed to identify current problems and elicit, specify and document business functional, data and non-functional requirements. Reviews operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions in new or changed processes.
- Application Support – Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Configuration Management – Applies tools, techniques and processes to track, log, report on and correct configuration items, components and changes related to the configuration items.
- Incident Management – Undertakes the identification, registration and categorization of incidents. Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly escalates incidents as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Development Testing – Creates test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications and processes. Reviews test results and provide reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project. Identifies process improvements, and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
- Relationship Management - Reviews the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts. Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks. Contributes to the development and enhancement of customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Change Management - Assesses analyses, creates, documents, presents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Problem Management - Undertakes and reviews actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services. Assesses problem fixes/remedies. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Functional configuration and SME responsibility for SAP Retail Master data and Pricing leading team of resources for support, break-fix, testing, and project work
- Functional responsibility for integration into systems that integrate with SAP
- Work closely with key business partners and cross functional areas during entire lifecycle of the project
- Provide functional support and troubleshooting for production issues
- Own and provide audit support for assigned functionality
- Lead and/or Participate Outage Calls and Root Cause Analysis for the problems
- Explore and recommend solutions to business requirements and issues
- Lead, participate, and document requirements, design, and test plans within sessions for project, enhancement, or break/fix work in Merchandising, Pricing and Procurement areas
- Assist or build Project plan, track completion, and create estimates for multiple Merchandising initiatives.
- Creates, maintains, and leads coordination for documentation such as functional specifications, process flows, Unit Testing, Configuration Changes, etc.
- 7+ years hands on experience both functional configuration with SAP master data and Pricing as functional and support analyst.
- Strong knowledge with at least 3 to 4 areas of experience in Direct/indirect procurement, Private label purchasing, Assortments and Pricing.
- Experience in integration of SAP MM with external Planning systems like JDA Allocation, Manhattan DFIO, SAP Ariba, external Warehouse application like Manhattan WMOS is preferable
- Experience with Master data and Pricing and Merchandising solutions in retail or high volume industries. Experience in S/4 HANA will be a plus
- Proven track record and experience in providing superior production support
- Experience in working with contractor firms with resources both onshore and offshore.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal and active listening traits
- Strong leadership skills in accountability and customer focus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Customer Service/relationship focus
- Strong communications (written and verbal), customer focus skills required.
- Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons
- Be proactive and ability to catch issues before failures
- Bachelor’s degree
- Normal office demands
- Some travel required