Lead IT Engineer
As a Lead IT Engineer, you will lead the design and implementation of critical IT services across Vivid Seats' offices and cloud environments.
This is a hands-on position that will tackle some of our most difficult challenges scaling and transforming our infrastructure foundation to enable and secure a modern workforce's needs.
You'll work with stakeholders across the company to identify needs, architect solutions, and lead projects. As the technical subject matter expert on your team, you'll also be tasked with mentoring engineers, defining best practices for an agile operations team, and challenging the team to continuously improve.
To be successful, you'll need:
- 8+ years of experience designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise networks
- Expertise of foundational networking concepts (addressing, switching, routing, OSI model, modern protocols)
- Expertise in local area, wide area, wireless local area, and virtual private networks and their configuration
- Strong knowledge of installing, configuring, and supporting Cisco, Meraki, and Palo Alto networking devices
- Strong knowledge of connecting and supporting hybrid and all-cloud environments (AWS in particular)
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into high-level designs and act as a networking subject matter expert
- Familiar with modern tools and approaches for monitoring infrastructure and incident management
- Familiar with modern tools and approaches for managing infrastructure as code (IaC), computing virtualization, and storage
- Experience with building out physical infrastructure in greenfield and brownfield projects
What We Offer:
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter- which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats provides an opportunity to scale our best in class platform, allowing our fans to sit closer and see more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each and every employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks. The most exciting one: We offer our employees $100 worth of credits each month to spend on Vivid Seats tickets along with promotional discounts. At the heart of it, we are all fans of great live events. We want to help you get there more often.
111 N Canal Suite #800
Chicago, IL 60606