Lead, Network Operations Center at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are looking for a Lead for our Network Operations Center. In this role, you will ensure that our online ordering platforms remain fully operational on a 24x7 basis. You will lead a team of remote analysts as they monitor, triage, and respond to system-anomalies. In addition, you will be the primary liaison between the remote team and our stateside organization, possessing a mix of: solid technical chops, strong organizational capabilities, and the soft-skills required to manage multiple internal stakeholders.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Lead remote-team in daily-standups and weekly retrospectives - ensuring incidents, anomalies, and tickets are being addressed in accordance with our SLA’s.
- Monitor the daily performance and responses of the remote team - ensuring that messages, ticket-comments, and questions from other channels are being addressed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Work with stakeholders to adjust and refine priority queues - ensuring the most critical issues rise to the top of our development teams’ funnels.
- Manage comprehensive incident-tracking when severity incidents occur - ensuring all timelines, action-items, and follow-up tasks are completed and communicated properly.
- Identify common tasks that can be easily improved with automation via scripting.
- Remain current with standard e-commerce technology used in high-availability environments.
- Remain informed and up-to-date on Linux, Windows, and open-source software administration.
You Should Have
- Minimum of 5 years of system administration experience with Linux and Windows (SaaS or e-commerce environments preferred).
- Excellent time-management communication, and customer service skills.
- Solid knowledge of web technologies: Apache/Tomcat/IIS/.NET.
- Working knowledge of Firewalls/Load balancers/DNS.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows troubleshooting commands (disk I/O, CPU usage, load, and network connections & usage).
- Strong OS scripting skills preferably using Python and Bash.
- Relational Database skills a plus.
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure and management (AWS)
- Must be available to support a 24x7 production environment.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly resolve problems.
- Strong ability to perform well under pressure.
- Must be able to multi-task, be process-minded and detail oriented.
- Passion for uptime and experience in e-commerce environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.