The Lead Network Security Engineer will be required to support various LANs, WANs, and a city-based fiber optic MAN. The candidate should be able to configure Cisco switch ports as access ports, trunk ports, aggregation ports, port-security, and troubleshoot LAN security-related technologies. The Lead Network Security Engineer should be able to use ICMP and DNS tools and execute various show commands to ensure proper connectivity and operations. Additionally, the candidate should be able to develop automation scripts or/and ensure proper network management and monitoring. The candidate should also be familiar with traffic protocols and ports and have an intermediate understanding of best practice network security. The Lead Network Security Engineer is expected to analyze problems, determine the next steps for problem resolution, and resolve network-related issues on time.
- Provide daily support for the Cisco Core, Server Farm, WAN, and Security modules
- Design and daily support for remote locations using various platforms such as Cisco 3560, Cisco 4510R, Cisco 4506, Cisco 6509, Cisco 9300, Cisco 9400, Cisco ASA, and Cisco FirePower platforms
- Support and design regarding Nexus 7009, Nexus 5596, and Nexus 2232 platforms
- Troubleshoot EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP routing protocols, respond to security incidents, and address DWDM related issues
- Attend meetings and document requirements
- Open/Close trouble tickets (and change requests) for all assigned work via the Service Now ticketing system
- Assist in maintaining, configuring, installing, and testing network architecture, design, hardware, and software; Includes but not limited to routers, switches, and firewalls
- Document and diagram existing network environment(s), schematically depicting communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission, and signaling links and protocols. This may include creating new diagrams or updating existing diagrams
- Where necessary, provide guidance support and for rearchitecting network configurations based on industry best practice approaches
- Lead the design and support the implementation of network hardening tasks
- Perform day to day administration and operational functions of the network environment (depending upon the project assignment)
- Responsible for day-to-day level 3 problem troubleshooting and resolution of the networking environment (properly escalating problems when the need arises)
- Provide network assistance to staff when required
- Assist other team members in executing various project tasks
- Ensure new software/products are implemented following client requirements and/or industry best practices
- Configure, test, implement, and troubleshoot data network systems to support all aspects of the daily operations
- At least 15+ years of network-related experience
- A college degree in a related field is preferred
- Experience creating and following change control-related processes
- Familiarity with SNMP, Solar winds, or equivalent Network Management platforms
- Experience with device local authentication, TACACS+, or RADIUS authentication
- Excellent with EIGRP, and OSPF routing protocols
- Knowledge (or ability to learn) of Cisco Stealth Watch, Cisco Flow Collector, Cisco Flow Sensor, NetFlow, Cisco DNS Umbrella, Cisco Firepower firewalls, Cisco ISE; ability to troubleshoot with Wireshark
- Excellent Customer Service and communication skills (verbal and written - Visio)
- Must be able to pass a TSA background check, and drive
- Knowledge of NX-OS, Cisco ISR, and Cisco ACI technologies
- Certified Cisco Internetwork Expert (CCIE) required
- Driver’s License required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COVID-19 Vaccine Statement
This opportunity may require a COVID-19 vaccine based on SDI Presences clients’ requirements and/or guidelines in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SDI Presence is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SDI Presence makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
SDI Presence does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between SDI Presence and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.