Lead Operational Risk Management Oversight Specialist at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Support the business with the development of, and enhancements to, their risk and control environment.
How You’ll Do It
- Execute upon established sustainable risk assessment framework, ensuring alignment with first-line execution.
- Monitor and validate risk and control library changes. Develop and maintain library of enterprise-wide risk and control statements.
- Implement risk program activities to ensure the enterprise carries out activities according to requirements.
- Support the business with developing requirements for the effective management of operational risk events.
- Monitor issues and action plans to ensure proper execution against relevant standards and policies.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in IT, risk management, business, finance, engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in compliance, internal audit, business, risk management, financial services, process improvement, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in risk management, financial services, process improvement, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- 4+ years of experience in compliance, internal audit, business, risk management, financial services, process improvement, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in risk management, financial services, process improvement, or related field
- CRISC, CISA, CISM, CISSP, or similar certification
- Project Management Professional
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.