Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for managing IRM-managed Policies and Standards and for the Information Security Training and Awareness program.
- Ensure that Information Risk Management("IRM")-managed Information Security policies, standards and procedures stay commensurate with evolving threats and regulatory guidance by providing timely creation, maintenance, enhancements and retirement of documents.
- Be the primary point of contact for IRM-managed Information Risk policies and standards.
- Create and facilitate constructive discussions and healthy debate with business partners on critical decisions.
- Identify critical areas of potential information risks and opportunities within Discover’s business processes, computer resources and information assets.
- Build constructive and collaborative partnerships/relationships across the businesses and functions to standardize development, maintenance, transition and retirement of IRM-managed Policies, Standards and Control Standards, and reframe the way business partners view information risk in their business and promote it as a value proposition.
- Maintain an Integrated Requirements Library in good standing by alignment of IRM-managed Policies and Standards with in-scope Authoritative Sources (NIST CSF), Ensure that Control Standards are added, revised or retired in GRC Platform to reflect requirements in Policies and Standards and supply status updates to leadership.
- Provide timely recommendations, support and advice on Integrated Requirements Library to technology implementation teams and collaborate with DFS Archer Team to ensure proper application of Subject Matter Expertise towards Enterprise GRC Platform.
- Provide timely recommendations, support and advice on Policy Management Processes to the Enterprise and Identify inherent information security risks resulting from business, IT operations or gaps in Controls Standards to mature security requirements while aligning with organizational goals.
- Manage the Information Security Training and Awareness Program and provide an oversight and support on all Information Security Training and Awareness program components.
- Facilitate collaboration with relevant stakeholders to ensure participation in Training and Awareness activities, enhance the Program and improve Information Security Training and Awareness across the enterprise.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, English, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Customer Services, Financial Services, Operations Strategy/Execution, Technical Writing, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Customer Services, Financial Services, Operations Strategy/Execution, Technical Writing, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.