Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Lead Exam Process Specialist
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Supports the company's regulatory engagement strategy. Independently manages Tier 3 exams and interacts with examiners throughout the course of the exam lifecycle. Responsible for developing preparation materials for regulatory examinations, as well as project manage any post-exam workstreams. Interacts with examiners from various regulatory agencies in preparation for an examination. Leads team initiatives related to Exam Management procedures and controls. Creates and maintains a response library of historical exam responses.
- Independently manage Tier 3 exams and interact with examiners throughout the course of the exam lifecycle. Communicates effectively with colleagues, clients and management, third parties and counterparties as necessary to provide information and/or make decisions relevant to exams.
- Lead team initiatives to manage procedures and controls, ensuring adherence to governance requirements and working with Legal Risk team as applicable. Continuously improves processes and communicate updates to clients, colleagues and management, as necessary
- Research, draft & coordinate exam preparation materials relevant to issues facing business units across the enterprise and educate the business in advance of anticipated examinations.
- Create and maintain a response library to be provided to the business pre-exam, researching prior exams and compiling relevant materials.
- Independently manage response letters for all exams.
- Prepare reporting for Committees and controls. Identify opportunities for process efficiencies and potential solutions
At a minimum, here is what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree Business or Finance
- 4+ Years’ experience in Financial services or related field
If we had our say, we would also look for:
- 6+ years in Financial Services or related field.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.