We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies and agencies like Salesforce, Sonos, Groupon, and Best Buy use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team, and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for a Lead Research Advisor to join the team. You will work closely with other Research Advisors and Lead Research Advisors to design, recruit, and field research projects for dscout’s clients. We conduct research on a wide range of topics including: pet ownership, wearable fitness trackers, privacy preferences, holiday shopping, and travel trends, just to name a few. What’s that mean for you? Every day is different.
This role is a combination of research consulting, relationship management and customer success, giving you a chance to make a real difference for dscout’s customers and further your career in the world of consumer research. You are an incredible communicator and a genuine, creative problem-solver. You are the client’s partner in learning a new digital tool to execute powerful research. You collaborate with clients to develop research plans and identify methodologies that best meet their needs. Internally, you are our client’s champion in driving larger improvements to the platform and overall user experience.
In addition to your work with clients, you serve as a leader within dscout. You are a thoughtful and supportive people manager. You enjoy coaching, mentoring and helping your direct reports do their best work every day. The Lead Research Advisor position is among the most central to dscout’s operations, that means you’ll work with people from across the company on a regular basis, especially our product, engineering and sales teams. If this sounds like you, apply today!
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Act as a dscout expert to train and educate clients on functionality and methodology.
- Consult with clients to provide specific recommendations for their research design.
- Collaborate with clients to run research projects including planning, design, recruiting, fielding and client engagement.
- Equip clients to derive insights from data using dscout’s analysis tools.
- Manage 1-3 Research Advisors -- prioritizing workload, coaching on work performance and professional growth.
- Travel occasionally for onsite client visits where you will train and share best practices, as well as gather feedback to bring directly back to our Product team (Note: as a result of COVID-19, dscout has paused client travel until it is safe to do so).
- Act as a customer advocate by sharing feedback internally to continuously improve dscout’s product offerings.
- Work closely with Account Managers on our Sales team to ensure client retention.
- Provide support and guidance to research participants (who we call “scouts”).
What you need to have (we can call them Desired Skills and Background):
- 4+ years experience in consumer insights, design research or UX research
- 1+ years of experience as a people manager
- BA/BS degree in anthropology, sociology, market research, design research, HCI related field, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Naturally able to strike a balance between friendly and professional in all communications
- A passion for research, an innate curiosity about how and why people behave the way they do, and a desire to better understand complex behavioral problems and find solutions to those problems
- Experience across all phases of qualitative research, especially planning, design, recruiting and fielding
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently, proven experience collaborating with and mentoring team members
- Flexible and eager to learn new things each and every day
- Hard-working and willing to go the extra mile for your teammates and our users
- Empathetic to others’ needs and circumstances
- Highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite products
Note: As a result of COVID-19, the dscout team has decided to work remotely for the time being. However, we are now interviewing, hiring, and onboarding remotely for all open roles! While our office is temporarily open for teammates who feel comfortable coming in, no current or future employees will be required to come back into our office until (at least) July of 2021.
What will you get?
Here at dscout, we are a team of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
In addition to joining a smart and passionate team, you will get:
- A strong compensation package with bonus structure. Your success is tied to company success. We are all in this together.
- An incredible set of core benefits as well as a 401k with match, solid PTO policy, and generous company holidays. We are committed to supporting our team.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a growing company, including open, transparent communication within our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend. We are committed to helping build your future.
- A beautiful workspace along the Chicago Riverwalk, that is temporarily open for teammates who feel comfortable coming in and working from there. Read more about our new office space here!
dscout is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.