Lead Support, Tech Services at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The primary function of the Team Lead is the overall management of the operations for their designated team. This includes providing leadership, coaching, training and mentoring to their team, and to ensure all critical aspects of department issues are met and resolved appropriately. The Team Lead will meet with and provide coaching and feedback to their employees around areas of improvement and identify areas of success.
The Team Lead will be instrumental in assisting management by providing feedback on staff performance, client issues, and actions to be taken to improve the department and maintain success. The Team Lead must be able to identify and effectively communicate areas of training improvements and common performance deficits as well as offer praise and positive promotion of a job well done.
Location: Lake Mary, FL, Meridian, ID, Schaumburg, IL, Rochester, NY or Remote
• Supervising the work of their assigned group on a day-to-day basis which may include delegation of work assignments to various team members
• Provide training and assist with coaching and development of new and existing team members
• Facilitate business or team update communications through regularly occurring meetings, 1:1s or team huddles
• Are expected to provide input and recommendation to managers in the areas of performance management, promotional opportunities, employee terminations and performance issues which are generally followed by the manager
• Developing and collaborating with management on best practices and ways to improve the team's performance
• Developing and implementing action plans to improve team or individual performance
• Positively and effectively handle escalated issues from customers or internal teams in a collaborative "win-win" approach.
• Subject matter expert in key areas of their department
• Ability to demonstrate experience taking an ownership role in group responsibilities
• 2 years' experience in Payroll and HR Industry is required
• 2 years' experience in customer service, and/or prior supervisory/ mentoring experience preferred
• Prior experience dealing with financial concepts
• Previous experience with Payroll systems a strong plus
• Introductory SQL knowledge a plus
• Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience in related field
• Prior experience in Partner Integration is a strong plus
• Prior experience in General Ledger, Custom Reporting or Custom Calculations is a strong plus
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
• Education & Awareness
• Client Community
• Company Representation
• Advocacy & Support
• Fairness & Equality
• PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.