Lead Technology Risk & Compliance Analyst at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Business Technology (BT) Risk and Compliance is hiring a Lead Risk and Compliance Analyst to assist in several key projects. The successful candidate for this position should possess excellent organization, analytical and communication skills (both written and verbal) skills, and the ability to work with all levels of management. The candidate should also possess the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
The Lead Risk and Compliance Analyst will assist in managing risks and internal controls for the BT organization. This position is responsible for helping ensure all projects associated with the development, enhancement, maintenance and/or enforcement of IT policies, standards, procedures and controls are thoroughly planned, properly executed, adequately monitored and accurately reported.
Duties and Activities
- Plan, manage and report on IT Risk and Compliance projects and initiatives, working with IT subject matter experts and other departments (Corporate Risk Management, Internal Audit, Legal and Compliance, Financial Services, etc.) as well as the external auditors
- Partner with IT leadership and with corporate support areas to ensure existing and emerging risks and regulatory requirements are appropriately addressed
- Support efforts to help ensure all applicable policies and standards are effectively implemented and enforced across the IT organization
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Keep IT management aware of issues and activities related to risk identification and control weaknesses
- Assist in reviewing IT control findings and developing corrective action plans
- Proactively identify and drive improvement efforts to increase control effectiveness
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Maintain input and data quality of risk management systems.
- Recommend options to control and reduce risks.
- Document and communicate risks.
- Identify key risks and mitigating factors of potential investments.
- Develop systems and processes to monitor the validity of risk modeling outputs.
- Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor's degree in information technology, finance, risk, or audit.
- 2 years of professional experience in technology and/or the financial services industry, with a focus on the management and oversight of IT risks and controls.
Bonus Points If You Have
- Strong project management skills and the ability to drive business processes to effective conclusion
- Strong individual contributor that can drive change in the risk mindset of technology and business peers; able to educate others on risk- and control-related matters as well as drive and demonstrate value of various IT risk initiatives
- Prior hands-on experience in technology-related audits
- Strong analytical, communication (oral and written), interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills
- Ability to successfully interact with internal and external business partners
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- CISA and/or CRISC certification a plus
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.