Lead Voice Engineer
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Successful candidate will be responsible for engineering, design, deployment and support of Cisco Unified Communications and Collaboration solutions for the Discover Financial Services organization. Position will lead and implement technical projects to reduce cost, improve service or provide innovated business solutions consistent with business strategies. This person will play a critical role in helping to transform and evolve our product suite to meet the needs of the future.
Responsible for operating, administering and managing the day to day operations and support of our related voice infrastructure for our Business Partners. Designs, implements and maintains the internal voice and meeting platforms.
- Troubleshoots issues related to voice platforms, including high-priority and production-impacting situations.
- Escalation to vendors and/or Voice Engineering and implementation teams as needed. Participates in RRTs and providing updates to management, command center, business and BT Sr. management regarding problem resolution.
- Performs proactive and reactive monitoring and support of the enterprise telephony platforms and related Call Routing configurations and strategies. Performs regression testing on changes/installs and patches in the environment. 24 x 7 on-call support for business and infrastructure.
- Administration, Configuration and Scripting of telephony infrastructure applications and devices including but not limited to Cisco Call Manager platforms.
- Works closely with business partners to help document, design, configure and implement call routing strategies. Accurately maintains incident queue, escalation calls and supports requests from Service Catalog and Command Center.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies.
- Prepare project design and technical documentation for leadership
- Maintain and develop relationships with clients and vendor partners such as Cisco or Microsoft
- Enhance and improve existing infrastructure through automation and reporting
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology and Telephony, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in v oice platform experience with Cisco platforms specifically, or related experience
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years or an equivalent combination of education and v oice platform experience with Cisco platforms specifically, or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
CCNP Collaboration Desired, 7+ years’ experience in UC/ Collaboration
Strong network foundation and understanding of VoIP, Protocols, Codecs, Media, QoS, etc.
- Webex Cloud and Hybrid Services
- Cisco Collaboration Suite: Unified Communications Manager, Unified IM and Presence, Emergency Responder, Unity Connection, Session Manager
- SIP Proxies/ Voice Gateways /CUBE
- Carrier Connectivity and SIP Trunking
- VCS Expressway and Mobile Remote Access
- Voice and Video Collaboration endpoints
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!