Leadership Development Manager at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We’re looking for a passionate innovator to take our leadership development to the next level. In this highly dynamic and visible role you’ll be equal parts learning experience designer, master facilitator, and coach as you help drive the development of present and future leaders at Affirm. Collaboration is your middle name; however, you’re still able to roll up your sleeves and be an independent self-starter when needed. It’s on us! You recognize the importance of coaching, guiding and building the skills necessary for leaders to motivate and inspire others to do great work. You’re eager to bring new and innovative leadership learning techniques to life in a hyper growth environment. Push the envelope! If you're as excited as we are, please READ ON!What You’ll Do
- You will be a driving force, while partnering with the Senior Manager of Learning and Development and Affirm’s People Business Partners, in crafting Affirm’s leadership development strategy for all people leaders, ranging from first time managers to seasoned Director+ employees.
- Quickly scale our existing manager development program in our remote first hybrid work environment, recognizing people come first. You’ll analyze the current program scope and design, perform an ongoing needs assessment to help guide the evolution, and be the lead curriculum designer and facilitator.
- Build an internal senior leadership development program from the ground up. You’ll complete a needs assessment, create buy-in across the organization, and develop and facilitate the program including relevant content curation and creation.
- Partner with our virtual coaching provider to increase adoption,utilization, and impact of the current program offering.
- Write communications, plans, and draft other internal content related to leadership programming and learning opportunities.
- Define, measure and communicate out program success metrics.
- You’ve created and scaled leadership development programs for a wide range of leaders with varying levels of experience and tenure at a growing global organization.
- 8+ years of experience highlighting a combination of instructional design,facilitation, and coaching. Coaching certification is preferred, but not required.
- You’ve developed and delivered curriculum and learning programs from scratch, and have partnered with subject matter experts to do the same.
- A track record of manager and/or leadership development that delivers business impact and positive ROI for the organization.
- Strong relationship-building skills to work collaboratively with partners across the organization.
- Excellent communication skills, with an appetite for distilling sophisticated information to what matters most. Simpler is better.
- A “how can we make this better?” mentality. You recognize that “perfect” is not an end state, and continually drive for program improvement.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.