The Learning Management Systems Administrator provides technical leadership and assistance in the support of DBRS Morningstar's learning management system (LMS). This position is responsible for the support, implementation, delivery, and maintenance of content, assets, and other resources used for instructional functions. The Learning Management System Administrator is the primary DBRSM operational stakeholder and collaborates with Talent and Culture (T&C) and technology personnel to ensure the seamless installation of all system updates and upgrades, as well as tools and software integrated with the LMS. Work is performed under the supervision of the Vice President of Business Operations and in consultation with the Director of Learning and Development.
- Works on assignments dealing with the routine and daily operation, use, and configuration of the DBRSM LMS.
- Helps manage common areas within the LMS including functionality, appearance, tabs, and settings.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for process and quality improvements, providing feedback on usage, defects, and suggested enhancements.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of current technology as it applies to LMS software and systems.
- Writes and maintains procedure and policy documentation to ensure the security and integrity of the LMS and related systems.
- Collaborates with the T&C Business Partner on training needs and opportunities for the expansion of talent development within the organization.
- Acts as an internal consultant by analyzing data and recommending solutions to utilize the LMS to deliver, track training and measure performance to meet organizational objectives.
- Creates and updates resources to train and support learners on how to use the technology for compliance purposes and professional development.
- Manages user licenses and logins and assigns user permissions as necessary.
- Creates and manages user structures including the creation of user groups and learning cohorts.
- Manages course enrollment including progress tracking.
- Publishes and archives online or blended learning solutions, assigns training curricula, and adds and deletes resources.
- Works with the Information Technology department to manage the course asset library.
- Populates course information and assigns learners.
- Develops and updates standardized tools and reporting for ongoing access to learning information; generates standard and custom reports.
- Analyzes reporting data and recommends strategic direction to T&C, team directors, or others, as appropriate.
- Manages tracking of course revisions and history.
- Provides troubleshooting assistance for users regarding logging in to the LMS and accessing courses.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues relating to system functionality and software systems.
- Serves as point of escalation for support issues, which may include interaction with LMS vendor and other vendor support services.
- Reviews and monitors system performance.
- Works with Information Technology and T&C to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to accessing the LMS and course content.
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Customer service skills, responsive attitude
- Ability to collaborate with others at all levels of the organization
- Ability to gain new technical skills quickly
- Technical skills including troubleshooting, and understanding of directory, file structures, and systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex technical concepts in layman's terms
- Proficient with Microsoft Office in general and Excel and PowerPoint in particular
- Experience as an LMS administrator or in a similar position
- Coursework and/or certifications relating to learning management system administration
- Social media or knowledge management experience
- Familiarity with course design and development
- Understanding of eLearning standards (AICC, SCORM, xAPI)
DBRS Morningstar is a global credit ratings business, currently with 700 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the July 2019 acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world.
DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes.
DBRS Morningstar rates more than 2,600 issuers and 54,000 securities worldwide and is driven to bringing more clarity, diversity of opinion, and responsiveness to the ratings process. DBRS Morningstar's approach and size provide the agility to respond to customers' needs, while being large enough to provide the necessary expertise and resources.